Effects[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's tears are replaced with guided missiles, like those used by the Doctor's Remote.
- Missiles deal 20 times Isaac's damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Epic Fetus overrides most items in the game and has the highest priority of all tear modifiers, over Brimstone and Mom's Knife.
- On PC, using the mouse and keyboard when obtaining this item can be helpful due to the ability to precisely target a specific area in the room, avoiding the sensitivity of a joystick or the limited directions of the arrow keys.
- Isaac's tear delay determines how quickly a new (set of) missile(s) can be fired after the previous one has landed. Barring very high tear delay, this has little effect on damage rate due to the delay of the missiles themselves.
- Missiles benefit from some bomb modifier items, though at a lesser scale compared to Dr. Fetus.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- 20/20/ Bookworm: Makes two missiles drop in quick succession.
- Blood Clot / Chemical Peel: Each missile has a 50% chance to deal 20 or 40 points more damage, respectively. Blood Clot turns missiles red.
- Bob's Curse/ Scorpio: Missiles have a poison effect.
- Brimstone: Missile explosions shoot ten blood lasers in all directions, massively increasing damage.
- Butt Bombs: Missile explosions will cloud up the screen, briefly confusing and dealing 10 damage to all enemies in the room.
- Fire Mind/ Hot Bombs: Missile explosions leave behind a fire that damage enemies on contact. Fire Mind's burn effect is overriden.
- The Forgotten: The charge attack is replaced by a missile in the Forgotten's hand and a crosshair that may be moved for an indefinite amount of time. The missile is thrown at the crosshair when all attack buttons are released, with an additional melee swing in the same direction. The melee attack is unaffected.
- Glitter Bombs: Missile explosions have a small chance of spawning pickups.
- Homing tears: The crosshair slowly slides towards enemies. Spoon Bender turns missiles purple.
- Host Hat/ Pyromaniac: Isaac becomes immune to his own airstrikes.
- Ipecac: Missiles have a poison effect, have a larger blast radius and deal drastically increased damage, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Epic Fetus. Unlike Dr. Fetus, it does not grant explosion immunity to Isaac's missiles.
- Loki's Horns: Four cross-hairs are produced around the player, firing four missiles instead of a single one. They all move away or towards the player simultaneously instead of remaining static.
- Mom's Knife: Missile explosions quickly shoot ten knives in all directions.
- Monstro's Lung: 2 to 4 additional crosshairs orbit the main crosshair, and missiles are fired onto each crosshair, massively increasing damage.
- Mutant Spider: Makes four missiles drop in quick succession.
- Mysterious Liquid: Every missile explosion leaves a small, lasting pool of creep.
- : The pool of creep left by the explosion is larger.
- Polyphemus: Increased tear delay, but massively increases the missiles' blast radius and damage, as Polyphemus' damage multiplier is run through Epic Fetus' own damage multiplier.
- Sad Bombs: Missile explosions fire ten tears in all directions. The shrapnel's damage is not run through the damage multiplier of Epic Fetus.
- Strange Attractor: Enemies get drawn towards the crosshair.
- Technology: Both fire normally. Missile explosions shoot ten Technology beams in all directions.
- Tech X: Missile explosions shoot ten Technology beams in all directions.
- The Inner Eye/ Conjoined: Makes three missiles drop in quick succession.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- 8 Inch Nails: Missile explosions retain the knockback boost, so enemies that survive the blast will be knocked back far.
- Anti-Gravity: Overridden by Epic Fetus. Stat effects are still applied.
- Azazel/ Brimstone: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Bobby-Bomb/ Bomber Boy/ Mr. Mega/ Scatter Bombs/ Sticky Bombs: Epic Fetus' explosions are not affected.
- Chocolate Milk: Reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%. Missiles can't be charged.
- Cursed Eye: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Dr. Fetus: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Godhead: Overriden by Epic Fetus.
- Stat effects apply and the crosshair gains a homing effect, but missiles do not have a damaging aura.
- Homing tears: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Incubus: Incubus fires normal tears while the crosshair is being aimed.
- The Ludovico Technique: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Monstro's Lung: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- Mom's Knife: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- The Parasite: No effect.
- Tammy's Head / Varicose Veins: Fires only normal tears, not missiles.
- Soy Milk: Not recommended. Damage of missiles is drastically reduced, and unlike normal tears, the fire rate will not significantly increase.
- Spirit Sword: Overrides Epic Fetus.
- Technology: Overriden by Epic Fetus.
- Technology 2: Not recommended. Technology 2 is overriden by Epic Fetus, but the damage multiplier is still applied, massively reducing the missiles' damage.
- Technology 2: Both fire normally.
- Tiny Planet: Overridden by Epic Fetus.
- The Wiz: Makes two missiles drop in quick succession, and control of the crosshair is rotated 45 degrees clockwise. Not recommended, as it makes controlling the crosshair harder.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original game it was possible to control the crosshair with the mouse. This was removed in Rebirth.
- Mouse control can however be re-enabled by editing the
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Afterbirth/Rebirthand changing the line
MouseControl=1. Also useful for The Ludovico Technique.
- Mouse control can however be re-enabled by editing the
- The Dr. Fetus and Epic Fetus items are based off of Dr. Fetus, the main villain in Super Meat Boy which is a game by Edmund McMillen (the creator of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth).
- This item is used in Glass Cannon (challenge #11).
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC GOBD W8TB (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 8ETR M2M9 (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita 8G4J JFH8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|