Dross is an alternative floor to Downpour, differentiating itself from Downpour by having more poop and sewage-themed enemies. Just like in Downpour, Knife Piece 1 can be found on Dross II. Some Rooms in this green brick sewage recess have a thin layer of dirtied reflective water on the ground, reflecting almost everything above it, Players, Items Enemies, and Tears.
Along with the watery floor, many visual effects are employed on this floor, such as:
- Random walls might have animated pipes pumping brown sewage onto the floor.
- Wet rooms have water distorted light reflections on the walls.
- Random water shower points consistently dropping water on the floor in small areas.
- Small water droplets randomly fall from the sky, leaving small wet marks that dry over in dry rooms, and don't really visually effect the floor of wet rooms.
- The floor underneath the water can be tiled, solid concrete, or grated.
- Overhead, light is blocked in 3-4 bar grate, multi-pipe, and diagonal pipe patterns, the remain light hitting the floor and coloring it a little more yellow.
- Downpour Buckets also show up here as well, with the full variant of the bucket being full of poop, instead of full of water.
In Dross, some Rooms may have grates on the walls, expelling a strong water flow. The water flow pushes Isaac and everything else in the Room in one specific direction, usually towards the wall opposing the grates. The river will hamper your movement if you try to push against the current, and speed you up if you go with the flow.
In addition, Dross floors have the rare chance to spawn Giant Poops, Big Poops that take up 4x the space as regular Poops.
Most monsters on this floor are black, green, and/or yellow, with copied downpour enemies also suitably painted to fit with the theme.
||870.0||Quickly rolls around in diagonal directions, dealing contact damage.|
||217.3||Quickly dashes in random directions, dealing contact damage. Shoots one piece of corn upon death.|
||871.0||Dashes towards Isaac twice and deals contact damage. Spawns 2 Drips upon death.|
||872.0||Randomly wanders around the room, firing four curved brown shots in the cardinal directions. These shots alternate between rotating clockwise and counterclockwise with each shot.|
||873.0||Floats towards Isaac, with 3 Attack Flies circling around it. Coughs up additional Attack Flies and releases gas to launch the Attack Flies outwards.|
||874.0||Chases Isaac, occasionally coughing up gas. On death, fires an explosive shot that can detonate gas clouds it hits.|
||875.0||Creates a gas cloud and propels itself away from Isaac when it gets hit. Explodes on death, detonating all the gas clouds it created.|
||876.0||Slides toward Isaac, leaving a trail of slippery brown creep. After taking enough damage, its head slides off and quickly bounces around the room and its body spews out brown shots until it empties.|
||876.1||Quickly slides toward Isaac, leaving a trail of slippery brown creep. Can spawn on its own or be created by a Dump after it takes enough damage.|
||810.0||Chases Isaac continuously, not stopping at walls. Able to swim over gaps.|
||13.0||Hovers in place. Does not deal contact damage and is harmless but can turn into Pooters if they stay around Poop.|
||96.0||Invulnerable fly that circles Corny Poop and various monsters. Deals contact damage. Turns into a vulnerable Attack Fly after the object or monster it circles is destroyed.|
||256.0||Flies towards Isaac and attempts to predict his movements. Deals contact damage.|
||281.0||Follows Isaac in large, tightly-clustered groups and deals contact damage.|
||868.0||Chases Isaac, moving along the cardinal directions. Forms a line with other Army Flies in the room. Deals contact damage.|
||288.0||Flies around the room diagonally, occasionally spitting out 1-2 Dart Flies.|
||255.1||Pops out of the ground in random locations and fires a long-range spray of arcing shots where Isaac will be.|
||10.1||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage. Usually turns into a Pacer or a Gusher upon death.|
||10.0||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage. Upon getting near Isaac, it will open its eyes and pursue Isaac faster. Usually turns into a Pacer or a Gusher upon death.|
||11.1||Walks aimlessly around the room.|
||11.0||Walks aimlessly around the room, occasionally firing a short-ranged blood shot.|
||61.5||Flies in erratic, angled movements toward Isaac if his active item has charges. Drains active item charges instead of dealing damage.|
||807.0||Walks toward Isaac, dealing contact damage. Can only be seen through its reflection and ripples it leaves in the water as it moves.|
||813.0||Walks slowly towards Isaac. After taking some damage or getting close to Isaac, it fires a chaotic burst of tears at him and chases him more quickly.|
||806.0||Slowly walks towards Isaac, firing back shots upon taking damage. Occasionally farts, which pushes Isaac and adjacent enemies away and creates a chaotic burst of shots. Creates a geyser of water shots upon death.|
||814.0||Erratically swims around the room. If it sees Isaac, it chases him, trying to deal contact damage.|
||812.0||Stationary enemy that spins and fires shots while being moved around or knocked back.|
||811.0||Emerges off the floor once all previous enemies have been killed, then proceeds to chase Isaac like a normal Gaper.|
||817.0||Wanders around the room, avoiding Isaac and spawning Small Leeches if he gets close. Spawns 3 Small Leeches upon death.|
||837.0||Flushes away instantly when Isaac enters the room.|
Knife Piece 1
- A White Fire Place that cannot be extinguished, touching which separates Isaac's body and soul, converting Isaac into The Lost (with Holy Mantle if you have unlocked it as a starting item, as well as your current items) for a brief time. After a room is cleared, the player returns to normal.
- A 1x1 room with a mirror on the icon. There is always a mirror that can't be accessed normally.
- No items or pickups will spawn there. However, the player can still get rewards for clearing rooms or destroying objects.
Once Isaac has the Knife Piece and returns through the mirror back to the real world, he will be converted back to the original character. To acquire Knife Piece 2 and complete the process, be sure to head to Mines/ Ashpit II next.
- The Dross may be a reference to the Sewers of Dross from Gish, one of Edmund McMillen's previous games.
- The Dross may also be a reference to the Sewers of Dross from The Legend of Bum-bo.
- Like the Downpour, the Dross has unique recolors of certain enemies. Tube Worms, Blurbs, Bloaties, and Small Leeches are recolored to fit the floor, Preys and Bubbles are altered to focus on poop, and Deep Gapers and Wraiths get a different texture entirely.
- Ocasionally, player can find a rare room that only contains Henry. He will smile at Isaac, then get flushed, instantly getting killed.
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|