Dr. Fetus is an unlockable passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Tears are replaced with bombs that explode approximately one second after being fired.
- Each bomb deals 3 times the character's normal tear damage.
- Each bomb deals 5 times the character's normal tear damage plus a flat 30 damage. The flat 30 is not affected by damage multipliers.
- Each bomb deals 10 times the character's normal tear damage.
- Tears down: Delay * 2.5.
- The range and shot speed stats both affect the velocity at which the bombs are fired out. Delay before the explosion is not affected by either.
- Bombs grow larger or smaller with tear size modifiers and deal no knockback to each other.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Fetus is a special item.
- Dr. Fetus overrides multiple tear effect items but benefit from some (but not all) bomb-enhancing effects like Mr. Mega.
- Many more synergies have been added, and all passive bomb modifiers affect Dr. Fetus.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Apple! / Euthanasia: Damage multiplier may be applied to the non-flat damage without a visual difference. Euthanasia bombs do not retain the instant kill ability.
- Bobby-Bomb: Bombs home in on enemies.
- Homing Tears: Bombs home in on enemies.
- Cricket's Body: Bombs split outwards into 4 tiny bombs, which detonate almost immediately.
- Explosivo: Bombs have a chance of sticking to an enemy. These bombs have the same appearance as Sticky Bombs, but do not spawn spiders.
- Fire Mind / Hot Bombs: Bombs leave behind a fire that damages enemies on contact after exploding, and bombs themselves deal 1 point of damage on contact.
- Ghost Bombs: Bombs have a 33% chance of becoming ghost bombs.
- Haemolacria: Significantly increased tear delay. Isaac fires a large arcing tear reminiscent of a bomb that scatters into 3-5 bombs that explode simultaneously.
- Ipecac: Bombs become Bob's Curse bombs. Isaac is immune to his bomb shots (not explosives or placed bombs) and the damage is massively increased, as the +40 damage from Ipecac is run through the damage multiplier of Dr. Fetus. Shots will also explode immediately on impact with enemies, rocks or walls.
- The effect on damage now becomes a flat +2 bonus instead of +40. Bombs leave behind a cloud of poison gas that will poison enemies in contact with it aside from the main target. Isaac remains immune to the bomb shot.
- Ipecac + Cricket's Body/ Polyphemus/ Sad Bombs/ Scatter Bombs: Isaac is immune to the main bomb shot, but not to the explosive shrapnel.
- Isaac is now immune to the shrapnel bombs left by Cricket's Body, Polyphemus and Scatter Bombs.
- Ipecac + Tech X: Isaac is immune to the main bomb shot, but not the explosions created by the laser ring.
- The Ludovico Technique: Bomb can be controlled before exploding, similar to Epic Fetus. Isaac does not shoot bombs while controlling it.
- Monstro's Lung: Shoots 6 bombs that need to be fully charged before firing. The bombs detonate simultaneously.
- Mr. Mega: Adds 25 flat damage to bomb explosions.
- Mysterious Liquid: Exploding bombs leave behind a large pool of creep.
- The Parasite: Upon exploding, bombs split into two other bombs, which explode almost immediately and deal a flat 24 damage.
- : The split bombs now deal a flat 40 damage.
- Poison tears: Poison effects will give bombs a flat +50 damage. This is guaranteed by Bob's Curse, Ipecac, and Scorpio, and can also proc from The Common Cold or Pinky Eye.
- No damage increase from poison. Poison bombs can proc from Serpent's Kiss.
- Poison bombs leave behind a cloud of toxic gas that will poison enemies in contact with it aside from the main target.
- Polyphemus: Bombs increase in size and do increased damage.
- Bombs become Mr. Mega bombs. After they detonate, they leave behind a regular sized bomb that deals a flat 60 damage/100 damage, much like a traditional bomb.
- Proptosis: Increases damage with no distance penalty.
- Remote Detonator: Bombs can be detonated on command, making it easier to hit moving enemies. Unlike placed bombs, they will eventually detonate on their own.
- Rocket in a Jar: Shoots rockets as normal tears.
- Tech X: Bombs have a laser ring around them.
- Tough Love: Damage multiplier may be applied to the non-flat damage without a visual difference.
- Tears that would have fired a tooth shot instead become a Mr. Mega bomb, adding a flat 25 damage and shaking the screen.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Anti-Gravity: Overridden by Dr. Fetus. Tear delay decrease is still applied.
- Brimstone: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- : Isaac continuously fires bombs while charging the blood laser. Overrides Azazel's blood laser.
- Brimstone Bombs: The cross laser effect of the bombs is random.
- Chocolate Milk: Bombs can't be charged, but reduces Isaac's tear delay by 20%.
- Cricket's Body: Bombs do not split. Range is greatly decreased.
- Compound Fracture: Bombs do not split. Stat changes still apply.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Dr. Fetus.
- The Forgotten: A live bomb will spawn on top of The Forgotten when he starts charging his attack. The Forgotten will toss bombs after releasing the charge, airborne bombs deal 1.5x his damage if they collide with an enemy with enough speed. Max distance is obtained with minimal charge. If the bomb explodes while charging, a normal ranged bone attack happens after releasing it. The melee attack is unaffected.
- Tear Detonator: No effect.
- Guppy: Explosions do not spawn flies.
- Immaculate Heart: Orbital tears do not become bombs.
- Kidney Stone: Not recommended. The range decrease applies, but since the tear height stat doesn't affect Dr. Fetus' bombs, they spawn directly in front of Isaac, making self-damage very likely.
- Lachryphagy: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- Lead Pencil: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- A Lump of Coal: No damage increase.
- Marked: Overridden by Dr. Fetus. Tear delay decrease is still applied.
- Creates a target reticle at which the bombs continuously fire.
- Monstro's Lung: Same effect as 20/20, except retains fire rate.
- Mom's Eye: Grants a chance to shoot an extra bomb from the back of Isaac's head.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Dr. Fetus.
- My Reflection: Not recommended, as bombs lose momentum and slide back towards Isaac, making self-damage very likely.
- Ocular Rift: No effect.
- The Parasite: No effect.
- Piercing tears / Spectral tears: Using piercing/spectral tears is not recommended as it will make aiming at and killing enemies or destroying obstacles more difficult.
- Pop!: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- Sad Bombs: Fires tears as normally placed Sad Bombs would.
- Bombs have a small chance of becoming Sad Bombs.
- Sticky Bombs: Bombs stick to enemies, but enemies killed by the bomb will not spawn Blue Spiders.
- Technology: Overriden by Dr. Fetus.
- Both fire normally.
- Overriden by Dr. Fetus.
- Technology Zero: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
- Technology 2: The bombs are seemingly pushed forward by the laser, giving the appearance of much longer range.
- Tiny Planet: Not recommended. Bombs fly uncontrollably around the player, making self-damage very likely.
- Trisagion: Overridden by Dr. Fetus.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dr. Fetus and Epic Fetus items are based on Dr. Fetus, the main villain in Super Meat Boy which is a game by Edmund McMillen (the creator of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth).
- This item is used in Demo Man (challenge #9).
- In the original The Binding of Isaac, Dr. Fetus was unlocked by beating Mom's Heart five times instead of nine.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 9LCJ RQG8 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC RX1E JBV9 (First floor Treasure Room)
PC CXZG 2YD6 (Treasure room west to spawn)
PS4 BGGY NWTC (First Treasure Room)
PS4 LYCL LAAP (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||The black ring generated from the synergy of Dr. Fetus and Tech X behaves as a Maw of the Void ring and may cause black hearts to drop.|
|Bug!||PC The 4 rockets generated from the synergy of Dr. Fetus, Rocket in a Jar and Angelic Prism tend to the right, no matter what is the starting firing direction.|
- Anarchist Cookbook
- Blood Bombs
- Bob's Curse
- Bob's Rotten Head
- Bomber Boy
- Brimstone Bombs
- Butt Bombs
- Curse of the Tower
- Dr. Fetus
- Fast Bombs
- Ghost Bombs
- Glitter Bombs
- Hot Bombs
- Mama Mega!
- Mr. Boom
- Mr. Mega
- Nancy Bombs
- No. 2
- Remote Detonator
- Rocket in a Jar
- Sad Bombs
- Scatter Bombs
- Sticky Bombs
|Mom's Heart Unlocks|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|