Downpour is the first new environment added in Repentance. The theme of Downpour is flooded, haunted storm drains with many supernatural enemies and elements. Though there is some overlap with the Flooded Caves due to both featuring water flooding, the Flooded Caves' unique enemies are almost exclusively 'drowned' or 'bloated' as opposed to Downpour's more haunted theme.
Flooding & Storm
Downpour features a heavy emphasis on water and flooding. The entire floor is submerged in water, that some enemies such as Small Leeches and Striders are capable of using to swim over pits. Deep Gapers can also hide beneath the water and emerged when all enemies in the room have been killed. The reflection visible in the water is also utilized by Wraiths, which they are always visible in even though they are invisible otherwise. There is also a storm playing out in the background, which when lightning strikes, brightens up the room and reveals any Wraiths in the room.
||10.1||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage. Usually turns into a Pacer or a Gusher upon death.|
||10.0||Walks towards Isaac, dealing contact damage. Upon getting near Isaac, it will open its eyes and pursue Isaac faster. Usually turns into a Pacer or a Gusher upon death.|
||11.1||Walks aimlessly around the room.|
||11.0||Walks aimlessly around the room, occasionally firing a short-ranged blood shot.|
||15.0||Randomly wanders around the room, firing 4 blood shots in the cardinal directions.|
||61.5||Flies in erratic, angled movements toward Isaac if his active item has charges. Drains active item charges instead of dealing damage.|
||13.0||Hovers in place. Does not deal contact damage and is harmless but can turn into Pooters if they stay around Poop.|
||96.0||Invulnerable fly that circles Corny Poop and various monsters. Deals contact damage. Turns into a vulnerable Attack Fly after the object or monster it circles is destroyed.|
||806.0||Slowly walks towards Isaac, firing back shots upon taking damage. Occasionally farts, which pushes Isaac and adjacent enemies away and creates a chaotic burst of shots. Creates a geyser of water shots upon death.|
||807.0||Walks toward Isaac, dealing contact damage. Can only be seen through its reflection and ripples it leaves in the water as it moves.|
||808.0||Flies in a circle around Isaac (in formation with other Willos if available), keeping an exact distance away from him. One Willo at a time will occasionally light up and fire a shot at Isaac.|
|Level 2 Willo
||838.0||Orbits enemies and shoots tears at Isaac. If the enemy it is orbiting dies, it will orbit another enemy. However, if all enemies are dead, it will chase Isaac, while still occasionally shooting at Isaac.|
||14.0||Slowly drifts toward Isaac, occasionally firing a single blood shot at him. Does not deal contact damage.|
||14.1||Slowly drifts toward Isaac, occasionally firing two blood shots in a V-formation at him. Does not deal contact damage.|
||810.0||Chases Isaac continuously, not stopping at walls. Able to swim over gaps.|
||811.0||Emerges off the floor once all previous enemies have been killed, then proceeds to chase Isaac like a normal Gaper.|
||812.0||Stationary enemy that spins and fires shots while being moved around or knocked back.|
||813.0||Walks slowly towards Isaac. After taking some damage or getting close to Isaac, it fires a chaotic burst of tears at him and chases him more quickly.|
||814.0||Erratically swims around the room. If it sees Isaac, it chases him, trying to deal contact damage.|
||815.0||Jumps out of pits and bounces around the room. Spawns endlessly from pits until room clear. Do not need to be killed to clear room.|
||816.0||Picks up and throws rocks and props at Isaac.|
||817.0||Wanders around the room, avoiding Isaac and spawning Small Leeches if he gets close. Spawns 3 Small Leeches upon death.|
||817.1||Wanders around the room, avoiding Isaac and spawning Willos if he gets close. Spawns 1-2 Willos upon death.|
||244.1||Pops out of the ground in random locations and fires a long-range spray of arcing shots where Isaac will be.|
||879.0||Lumbers around, occasionally spitting green shots and a line of damaging green creep in a random direction.|
|Lil Blub||Wormwood||The Rainmaker||Min-Min|
- A White Fire Place that cannot be extinguished, touching which separates Isaac's body and soul, converting Isaac into The Lost for a brief time. Clearing any room will return Isaac to normal.
- The Lost will hold the Holy Mantle if it is unlocked as a starting item. (Beware: the Holy Mantle will not be active until Isaac leaves the room. Taking damage in the same room after touching the white fireplace will be fatal.)
- When playing as The Forgotten, The Lost still fights with the bone club, and turning into The Soul is still possible.
- A 1x1 room with a mirror on the icon. There is always a mirror that can't be accessed normally.
- All rooms will be generated without any items or pickups. However, any means of creating items or pickups after room generation (including normal room clear rewards, destroying props, beggar payouts, and the boss room item) will still work.
Once Isaac has cleared one room, has obtained the Knife Piece, and returns through the mirror back to the real world, he will be converted back to the original character. To acquire Knife Piece 2 and complete the process, be sure to head to Mines/ Ashpit II next.
- Downpour is referred to on Isaac's Last Will as "Some Sewer".
- Antibirth used to have different method of unlocking first Knife Piece. Somewhere on the floor, there was a seemingly empty dead-end room with a minimap icon that indicated the room had a chest. Bombing the center of the room would open a hidden stone chest containing Knife Piece 1.
- In Antibirth, The Haunt could spawn as a boss.
- There's a level called Downpour in Super Meat Boy, another of Edmund McMillen's games.
- Gapers and Frowning Gapers are tinted blue if encountered.
- As well, Clottys that spawn in the floor will appear wet and shiny.
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|