|This article is about the item. For the boss, see Dogma.|
Dogma is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. It is automatically given to Isaac after defeating Dogma; the only ways to acquire it on a pedestal are either through the Death Certificate or by using Spindown Dice on Purgatory.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants flight.
- Grants a one-time Holy Mantle-like effect. This effect wears off upon leaving the room.
- +0.1 speed.
- +2 damage.
- If Isaac has fewer than 6 full hearts of health, Isaac is given enough hearts to get to six full hearts, first by restoring empty red heart containers, and then by granting soul hearts if that isn't enough.
- Does not affect The Lost or Tainted Lost.
- Keeper and Tainted Keeper's coin heart containers are affected by the red heart healing, but they will gain Blue Flies instead of soul hearts.
- The Forgotten will have all his bone hearts replenished, and any soul hearts earned will go to The Soul.
- Bethany will gain soul charges instead of soul hearts.
- On Normal mode, grants The Wafer effect, reducing all damage taken to half a heart.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with all items crucial to story progress ( The Polaroid, The Negative, Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2, Knife Piece 1, Knife Piece 2 and Dad's Note), this item has protection from full-run rerolls.
- Flight persists even while acquiring Knife Piece 2 (possible when carried over in a RERUN or using R Key), as story items' effects are not removed in that segment.
- Dogma's in-game appearance is actually TV static, much like the boss, instead of being blue.
- This is because the blue is used to indicate areas that the game should apply the static effect to. This was likely done to avoid making the sprite file animated, instead simply letting the game apply the effect to designated areas when the time comes to use them.
- Dogma's Holy Mantle effect does not stack with an actual Holy Mantle.
In-game footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|