Dogma is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. It is automatically given to Isaac after defeating Dogma; the only ways to acquire it on a pedestal are either through the Death Certificate or by using Spindown Dice on Purgatory.
- Grants flight.
- Grants a one-time Holy Mantle-like effect. This effect wears off upon leaving the room.
- Prevents Isaac's speed from going under 1.1.
- +2 damage.
- If Isaac has fewer than 6 full hearts of health, Isaac is given enough hearts to get to six full hearts, first by restoring empty red heart containers, and then by granting soul hearts if that isn't enough.
- Does not affect The Lost or Tainted Lost normally.
- Keeper and Tainted Keeper's coin heart containers are affected by the red heart healing, but they will gain Blue Flies instead of soul hearts.
- The Forgotten will have all his bone hearts replenished, and any soul hearts earned will go to The Soul.
- Bethany will gain soul charges instead of soul hearts.
- Tainted Lazarus will receive the flight and stat bonuses for both forms. Since defeating Dogma will swap between forms, the active character before the cutscene will NOT receive the healing and shield effect, and will instead be given to the form present after the cutscene.
- Alabaster Box will take the soul hearts before they're given to Isaac, like normal.
- On Normal mode, grants The Wafer effect, reducing all damage taken to half a heart.
- As with all items crucial to story progress ( The Polaroid, The Negative, Key Piece 1, Key Piece 2, Knife Piece 1, Knife Piece 2 and Dad's Note), this item has protection from full-run rerolls.
- It also does not take up an item slot for Tainted Isaac.
- Flight persists even while acquiring Knife Piece 2 (possible when carried over in a RERUN, using R Key or using Spindown Dice on Purgatory), as story items' effects are not removed in that segment.
- Dogma's in-game appearance is actually TV static, much like the boss, instead of being blue.
- This is because the blue is used to indicate areas that the game should apply the static effect to. This was likely done to avoid making the sprite file animated, instead simply letting the game apply the effect to designated areas when the time comes to use them.
- Dogma's Holy Mantle effect does not stack with an actual Holy Mantle, but it does stack with a Holy Card effect.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music