Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Takes Isaac to an abandoned and expanded version of Home, which has one copy of almost every item the player has unlocked on that save file. After taking an item, Isaac returns to the room he used Death Certificate in.
- There are also several pickups and Chests in the area. Picking them up/opening them will not cause Isaac to leave the area.
- Items that have not been unlocked will not show up in this unique location.
- If Death Certificate is used on a floor while Curse of the Blind is active, the area will not be affected by the curse, meaning all items will be revealed.
- Items that are typically only granted under special circumstances like Dogma and Mom's Shovel are present.
- The layout of the area is randomly generated, and items will show up in order of lowest ID number to highest (starting at items in the original Flash version and working up to the Repentance items).
- A new Death Certificate area is randomly generated on the next floor.
- If more items are added to the game through modding, the area will expand to include them, ordered after the Repentance items.
- The only items that do not show up in the Death Certificate area are Dad's Note, hidden items ( Recall, Hold, passive Damocles, passive The Book of Belial), and Death Certificate itself.
- Using Death Certificate while in the area that generates from using it consumes the item without doing anything.
- Using this item multiple times in the same floor will always teleport to the same areas, without respawning the items that were taken or destroyed.
- If an item is taken, it will only destroy the other ones in the current room, meaning other items present in previous rooms will still be available.
- The player can be softlocked by using Death Certificate while having already taken/destroyed all items that were in the area.
- Using this item during the fight against The Beast resets the fight after Isaac leaves the special area.
- If the item is used in a Devil Room or an Angel Room, Isaac will be teleported to the room Death Certificate was used in after taking a deal.
- ? Card: Mimics the effect of Death Certificate without consuming it.
- Diplopia: Has no use inside of the Home area, as Isaac can only take 1 item. However, it can be used to duplicate the Death Certificate item, allowing Isaac to enter the area twice.
- Jacob and Esau: Both characters can take an item from any given room if they're lined up correctly and take them at the same time.
- Schoolbag: Allows Isaac to hold another Active item into the area along with Death Certificate.
- Tainted Cain: Unlike his modified pedestal behavior in the rest of the run, Tainted Cain can pick up an item like normal in this area, effectively allowing him to craft any specific item for the cost of 8 bone hearts (the guaranteed recipe for Death Certificate in the Bag of Crafting). This can be a very easy way of acquiring any specific items or completion marks. However, you cannot craft items you haven't unlocked yet.
- Wild Card: Will use Death Certificate if it was the item/card Isaac most recently used.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns a single, regular wisp with no special properties.
- Damocles: No effect; Damocles doesn't duplicate the item pedestals in any room.
- Metronome: Can invoke the effect of Death Certificate as normal, even if it is not unlocked.
- Red Key: Using the Red Key in this area has a chance of spawning special rooms from Home. If Mom's bedroom is spawned and Isaac sleeps in the bed, the cutscene usually preceding the Dogma fight will play, but nothing will change.
- Sacred Orb / NO! (doubled): The area will contain significantly fewer rooms and items to choose from, as they prevent items with low quality from appearing.
|Bug!||Using Genesis immediately after taking it from Death Certificate will teleport Isaac to the Genesis room, with no items and pedestals except those that cannot be removed (Dad's Note, Key Pieces, etc.).|
- The item's name is likely alluding to Isaac being dead, something that is heavily implied through the game's cutscenes and confirmed by Edmund McMillen in a tweet.
- If used in The Void, the rooms generated by Death Certificate will continue to glitch and shift into other tilesets.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music