Dead Sea Scrolls is an activated item.
When used, a random activated item effect will be activated from the following:
- Anarchist Cookbook
- Best Friend
- Bob's Rotten Head
- The Book of Belial
- Book of Revelations
- Book of Shadows
- The Book of Sin
- Crack the Sky
- Crystal Ball
- Deck of Cards
- Doctor's Remote
- The Gamekid
- The Hourglass
- Lemon Mishap
- Mom's Bottle of Pills
- Mom's Bra
- Mom's Pad
- Monster Manual
- Monstro's Tooth
- Mr. Boom
- My Little Unicorn
- The Nail
- The Necronomicon
- The Pinking Shears
- Prayer Card
- Satanic Bible
- Shoop Da Whoop!
- Spider Butt
- Tammy's Head
- Telepathy for Dummies
- We Need to Go Deeper!
- Wooden Nickel
- Yum Heart
- When Bob's Rotten Head or Shoop Da Whoop! is chosen, Dead Sea Scrolls will not lose its charge until said item is thrown or released.
- This allows Isaac to press Spacebar again if need be to skip over said items in the rotation while keeping full charge, allowing it to be used again for a different effect.
- It may be helpful to use Dead Sea Scrolls upon entering an enemy room, as many of its effects such as The Gamekid and Tammy's Head are helpful in combat.
- As many of Dead Sea Scrolls effects involve explosions, using it near Tinted Rocks or potential Secret Room entrances can potentially be helpful when low on bombs.
- While Anarchist Cookbook and Kamikaze can hurt the player, effects such as Book of Revelations, Satanic Bible, The Nail, Crystal Ball and Prayer Card will pay out with more health than is lost long-term.
- Book of Virtues: The wisp spawned will be based on the item it mimicked.
- Car Battery: Two effect are activated, with only one being named on screen.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls are a collection of 981 Hellenistic-period manuscripts found within caves on the north shore of the Dead Sea.
- The pickup quote "It's a mystery" references the item's effect, as well as the fact that the real Dead Sea Scrolls are so tattered and eroded that reading them can prove impossible.
PC F43S KR89 (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita VWS3 S0RR (First floor Treasure Room)
3DS 379H KSTA (First floor Treasure Room; Curse of the Unknown)
Switch ATJJ HNDJ (First floor Treasure Room)
XboxOne KG8H 2CZH (First floor Treasure Room)
|Bug!||If an effect triggers and adds to the character's appearance while being held ( Monstro's Tooth or Kamikaze! for example), the additional visual effects will remain for the rest of the game or until they are replaced.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|