Dead Onion is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants piercing and spectral tears.
- +0.25 range. -1.5 Range.
- -0.4 shot speed.
- -0.5 shot height.
- Tear size multiplier: 1.5x.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although it says "Toxic aura tears", the tears do not do toxic/poison damage.
- Using Dead Onion in a Crawl Space will cause tears to fall through the floor.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Incubus: Does not affect shot speed or tear size but still gives the piercing effect.
- : Shot speed, range and Tear size will be affected.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Fetus: Not recommended. Bombs are slow to fire and will pass through enemies, making it far more difficult to hit them with explosions.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Dead Onion, although stat effects apply.
- The Ludovico Technique: Not recommended. Tear moves very slowly making it hard to kill mobile enemies.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Dead Onion.
- Monstro's Lung: Fires a barrage of large tears that disappear at close range. Spectral and piercing effects make it very effective at close range.
- My Reflection: Not recommended. Tears will travel a very short distance before they return to Isaac and eventually disappear.
- Proptosis: Not recommended. While tears do massive damage at short range, it makes it a lot easier to be damaged by explosive enemies or enemies that do contact damage.
- Rubber Cement: Edges of tears retain both piercing and spectral effects; however, the center of the tear will lose them and bounce.
- Sulfuric Acid: Not recommended. Acid Tears no longer impact objects and can no longer open Secret Rooms.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 1ERB 9HEH (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita 6P76 APSC
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|