- Isaac's damage increases for each successive tear hit on enemies.
- The multiplier increases by 0.25x for each hit, going up to a maximum of 2x after 4 successive hits.
- If a tear misses and hits nothing (wall/floor), there is a chance for the multiplier to be reset back to 1.
- The chance is 20% for the first miss, 33% for the second miss, and 50% for the third miss and beyond.
- As the multiplier increases, Isaac's tears glow red and increase in size.
- The effect is triggered by many entities aside from enemies. Shooting Fire Places, Wall Huggers, and Stone Grimaces will count towards the multiplier. This can be used to preemptively increase damage before entering a new room.
- If Dead Eye is removed by re-rolling it with D4, D100, or a 1 or 6 pip Dice Room, the damage multiplier will be removed, but the tears will continue to glow red.
- Tears do not have to be landed on only one enemy to build the multiplier; as long as they do not miss, Isaac gains damage.
- If Isaac is shooting multiple tears at once, like with Mutant Spider, only one of them has to land for the multiplier to build up.
- Because there are no walls or floors for tears to collide with in the fight with The Beast, the damage boost will not fade away.
- Due to the natural Brimstone effect of Azazel, he gains no benefit by picking up Deadeye unless his tear effect has been replaced.
- Compound Fracture/ Haemolacria/ Lachryphagy: Main tears and burst tears will contribute to damage multiplier.
- Lachryphagy Firing into the floating tear won't reset the multiplier unless it hits a wall. The burst tears never reset the multiplier.
- Dark Arts: Hitting enemies/bullets successfully with Dark Arts contributes to Dead Eye's damage multiplier.
- The Ludovico Technique: Damage bonus increases until it hits the max of 2x. Since the controllable tear never hits the ground or wall, the bonus cannot be lost.
- Petrification/Slow items: Enemies will be petrified or slowed, making them easier to hit without missing.
- Pop!: Tears that miss an enemy and do not hit a wall or obstacle will not fall to the ground immediately, allowing many damage-amplified tears to be fired before the damage boost is lost.
- Proptosis: Tears are larger and easier to hit with at a low range. Additionally, if the tear fades out of existence instead of running out of range, it does not count as a miss.
- Tiny Planet: Isaac's tears no longer hit walls and stay in the air for longer, allowing many damage-amplified tears to be fired before the damage boost is lost.
- 20/20/ The Inner Eye/ Mutant Spider/ Cursed Eye: If all tears hit, they both contribute to the damage multiplier.
- Brimstone: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Cricket's Body/ The Parasite: Split tears that do not hit enemies are considered misses, nearly guaranteeing the chance of losing the multiplier.
- Dr. Fetus: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Epic Fetus: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up.
- Flat Stone: Each skip counts as missing.
- The Forgotten: The Forgotten's swing increases the multiplier when successfully hitting enemies, resets the multiplier upon swinging and missing. The multiplier changes normally when firing tears as The Soul, and the two forms share the same multiplier.
- When swinging, it will gain a damage up upon hitting an enemy, and will immediately reset after the swing. It can only grant one damage up regardless of how many enemies it hits, and as such is rather ineffective; likely a bug.
- Host Hat: Tears fired by the Host are affected by Dead Eye.
- Incubus: Incubus's tears do not affect the multiplier, but Incubus can gain damage from Isaac's normal tears increasing the multiplier. The familiar's tears do not reset the multiplier if they miss, either.
- Jacob's Ladder: Electricity sparks do not contribute to damage multiplier.
- Isaac's Tears: If the tears fired by Isaac's tears miss, they cause the multiplier to reset.
- Marked: Damage buff often lost quickly because of the constantly firing tears.
- Mom's Knife: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up. Picking up Dead Eye after Mom's Knife has no effect.
- Piercing tears: Damage buff is halved, .125x, reaching the 2x multiplier with 8 successive hits.
- Rubber Cement: Tears that hit enemies may bounce off and still count as misses.
- Sad Bombs: Tears spawned by sad bombs that miss will reset the multiplier.
- Technology: The damage multiplier that was gained before picking up this item will now be a permanent damage up. Saving and quitting, however, will remove the multiplier.
- Technology 2: No effect from the laser itself, but the tears fired from the second eye are affected by Dead Eye.
- Tech X: Tech X overrides the effects of Dead Eye and damage stays at the 2X multiplier.
- Dead Eye does not provide any damage multiplier.
- Technology Zero: Electricity connecting tears will not increase the damage multiplier.
- Trisagion: No effect.
PC CH4M DY4E (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch NHFE MG4E (First floor Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|