Dead Bird is a passive item.
- Taking damage summons a familiar that chases enemies for the remainder of the current room, dealing 2 damage per tick (~5 damage per second).
- Eve starts with this item by default.
- Box of Friends: Does not double Dead Bird, even if Isaac has taken damage before use.
- Holy Mantle: Dead Bird will not be activated if the damage is taken while Holy Mantle is active.
- Sacrificial Altar: The familiar can only be sacrificed when it is active.
- This item is used in Darkness Falls (challenge #4).
- This item is a reference to an old series of comics Edmund McMillen drew called Thicker Than Water, where the Dead Bird is said to represent his inner doubts and self-destructive nature.
|Bug!||When using Extension Cord with Dead Bird, if Isaac and the bird are both moving sometimes the electricity does not always fully connect.|
PC KEDT NB0X (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 B23A V0F7 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita LOBP HN7C (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita AK72 N3EN (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS 83AG NNGF (First floor Treasure Room)
3DS V46T X0AP (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|