Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- For the current room, rotates every enemy and pickup 90 degrees and moves its sprite up and left.
- Enemy hitboxes remain the same.
- Increases one of Isaac's stats and decreases another. Possible stat changes include:
- Adds random tear effects for the current room.
- Distorts the music for the current room.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns a special wisp on the middle ring that is otherwise undistinguishable from a normal wisp. These wisps' tears have a 5% chance of transforming any non-boss enemy into random wisps.
- Rock Bottom: The stats are locked to the highest number achieved, rendering the stat downs behind the scene immaterial.
- If the tear stat reaches a negative number, there will be an integer overflow, which will max out the tear rate at the 120 cap; if the tear stat is boosted back into a positive number, it will replace the value obtained previously.
- If Rock Bottom is obtained while Tear Rate is overflowed, it will stay at 120 even if boosts are obtained.
- The minimum values for each stat are as follows:
- Damage: 0.5
- Speed: 0.1
- Shot Speed: 0.6
- Range: 1.0
- Further changes to Isaac's stats are still calculated normally behind the scenes, but their effective values cannot go below the minimum. For example, 0.5 Shot Speed will behave as though it were 0.6, but a 0.2 Shot Speed increase would apply to the true stat value of 0.5, meaning the new stat value would be 0.7.
- The item name and description are a likely reference to the dataminers who discovered the secret of The Lost, as well as the Keeper ARG's recurring usage of the number 109.
- The item and its pickaxe icon are a play on words on the term data mining, used in the context of gaming communities as extracting data from the game files.
- The item's sprite is a recolor and flipped version of the Notched Axe.
- If used during the Mom fight, a normally hidden part of the leg sprite, revealing a blue skirt with yellow polka dots, will be visible.
- If Dataminer is used right before traveling to the next floor, the music for the transition screen will be affected by it.
- Also affects the music during the Game Over screen (Isaac's last will), if activated before death.
- In a Q&A from Twitter, Edmund McMillen considered Dataminer to be the worst item in The Binding of Isaac.
PC VTGP F8HD (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music