- For the current room, rotates every enemy and pickup 90 degrees and moves its sprite up and left.
- Enemy hitboxes remain the same.
- Increases one of Isaac's stats and decreases another. Possible stat changes include:
- Adds random tear effects for the current room.
- Distorts the music for the current room.
- Rock Bottom: The stats are locked to the highest number achieved, rendering the stat downs behind the scene immaterial.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns a special wisp on the middle ring that is otherwise undistinguishable from a normal wisp. These wisps' tears have a 5% chance of transforming any non-boss enemy into random wisps.
- If the tear stat reaches a negative number, there will be an integer underflow, which will max out the tear rate at the 120 cap; if the tear stat is boosted back into a positive number, it will replace the value obtained previously.
- If Rock Bottom is obtained while Tear Rate is underflowed, it will stay at 120 even if boosts are obtained.
- The item name and description are a likely reference to the dataminers who discovered the secret of The Lost, as well as the Keeper ARG's recurring usage of the number 109.
- The item and its pickaxe icon are a play on words on the term data mining, used in the context of gaming communities as extracting data from the game files.
- The item's sprite is a recolor and flipped version of the Notched Axe.
- If used during the Mom fight, a normally hidden part of the leg sprite, revealing a blue skirt with yellow polka dots, will be visible.
- If Dataminer is used right before traveling to the next floor, the music for the transition screen will be affected by it.
- Also affects the music during the Game Over screen (Isaac's last will), if activated before death.
- In a Q&A from Twitter, Edmund McMillen considered Dataminer to be the worst item in The Binding of Isaac.
PC VTGP F8HD (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|