Effects[edit | edit source]
- For the current room, rotates every enemy and pickup 90 degrees and moves its sprite up and left.
- Enemy hitboxes remain the same.
- Increases one of Isaac's stats and decreases another. Possible stat changes include:
- Adds random tear effects for the current room.
- Distorts the music for the current room.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The item name and description are a likely reference to the dataminers who discovered the secret of The Lost, as well as the Keeper ARG's recurring usage of the number 109.
- The item and its pickaxe icon are a play on words on the term data mining, used in the context of gaming communities as extracting data from the game files.
- The item's sprite is a recolor of the Notched Axe.
- If used during the Mom fight, you will be able to see a normally hidden part of the leg sprite revealing a blue skirt with yellow polka dots.
- If Dataminer is used right before travelling to the next floor, the music for the transition screen will be affected by it.
- Also affects the music during the Game Over screen (Isaac's last will), if activated before death.
- In a Q&A from Twitter, Edmund McMillen considered Dataminer to be the worst item in The Binding of Isaac.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|