Dark Bum is a passive item.
- Spawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects Red Hearts. (He does not fill up a familiar "slot".) For every one-and-a-half Red Hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one of the following:
|Card or Rune||20%|
- This item belongs to the Super Bum set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac's bums into Super Bum.
- If Dark Bum enters a Super Secret Room that mimics Womb, Cathedral, or Dark Room / Library, he will drop Red Hearts, Eternal Hearts, or Black Hearts respectively instead of Soul Hearts.
- If the Super Secret Room mimics The Womb, he will drop Red Hearts instead of Soul Hearts, then gobble them back up. This can be avoided by allowing Dark Bum to pick up all of the Red Hearts and then quickly exiting the super secret room before he starts dropping hearts. This way, he will drop Soul Hearts.
- Dark Bum will not pick up Gold Hearts, Blended Hearts, Bone Hearts, or Rotten Hearts.
- Very beneficial for ???, since he has no use for Red Hearts.
- Scared Hearts will run away from Dark Bum. Try to pinch them between Dark Bum and Isaac so he can collect them.
- Dark Bum will not appear if playing as Tainted Lost.
- Little C.H.A.D.: Each Half Red Heart dropped by Little C.H.A.D. can be collected by Dark Bum, increasing the amount of pickups dropped.
- Gimpy: Enemy kills have the chance to drop Half Red Hearts that can be collected by Dark Bum, which when combined with Gimpy's chance to drop Soul Hearts when Isaac is damaged is a good way to generate Soul and Black Hearts as well as other pickups.
- Key Bum: Dark Bum's dropped card will always be Ace of Spades.
- Humbling Bundle: Most red heart drops will become double red heart drops. This counts as two full red hearts for Dark Bum, essentially doubling the value of it. The black hearts dropped from Dark Bum can be doubled as well.
- BFFS!: No effect, but familiar is bigger.
- Back when Rebirth was released, and well after, Dark Bum was (and may still be) considered by many as one of the best defensive/healing items in the game. The sheer amount of red hearts converted into soul hearts far surpassed the need of having red heart containers. As the bum got nerfed over time, so has its popularity dropped, too.
- v1.02: Dark Bum's Red to Soul Heart conversion rate was set to 1.5:1.
- v1.031: Dark Bum was changed to have a chance to spawn friendly Blue Spiders or hostile Spiders.
- v1.06.J796: Dark Bum can no longer be found by Tainted Lost.
PC WBEG Q22R (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC CS9M XL2P (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC AL07 13JY (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 7276 4P61 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita EVQ8 P80Q (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|