Dark Bum is a passive item.
- Spawns a familiar that follows Isaac around and collects Red Hearts. (He does not fill up a familiar "slot".) For every one-and-a-half Red Hearts collected, Dark Bum will generate one of the following:
|Card or Rune||20%|
- This item belongs to the Super Bum set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac's bums into Super Bum.
- If Dark Bum enters one of a set of Super Secret Rooms which allow only certain types of Hearts to generate in them, he will drop that type of heart instead of what he would normally instead.
- The one which only allows Red Hearts will cause Dark Bum to consume the Red Hearts on the floor only to generate yet more Red Hearts. Leading Dark Bum around the room to consume the Red Hearts and then leaving the room before he's able to generate anything will avoid this.
- Dark Bum will not pick up Gold Hearts, Blended Hearts, Bone Hearts, or Rotten Hearts.
- Very beneficial for characters that can't have heart containers ( ???, Tainted ???, Dark Judas, Tainted Judas, Tainted Forgotten) since they have no use for Red Hearts.
- Scared Hearts will run away from Dark Bum. Try to pinch them between Dark Bum and Isaac so he can collect them.
- Little C.H.A.D.: Each Half Red Heart dropped by Little C.H.A.D. can be collected by Dark Bum, increasing the amount of pickups dropped.
- Gimpy: Enemy kills have the chance to drop Half Red Hearts that can be collected by Dark Bum, which when combined with Gimpy's chance to drop Soul Hearts when Isaac is damaged is a good way to generate Black Hearts as well as other pickups.
- Humbling Bundle: Most Red Heart drops will become Double Red Heart drops. This counts as two full Red Hearts for Dark Bum, essentially doubling the value of it.
- BFFS!: No effect, but familiar is bigger.
- v1.02: Dark Bum's Red to Soul Heart conversion rate was set to 1.5:1.
- v1.031: Dark Bum was changed to have a chance to spawn friendly Blue Spiders or hostile Spiders.
- v1.06.J796: Dark Bum can no longer be found by Tainted Lost.
PC WBEG Q22R (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC CS9M XL2P (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC AL07 13JY (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 7276 4P61 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita EVQ8 P80Q (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|Bug!||Activating Glowing Hour Glass twice after Dark Bum picked up Red Hearts and before he finishes his animation will save his Red Heart pick up progress while the Red Hearts will stay untouched in the room.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|