How to Acquire
- Once Mother has been defeated at least once, a special door will appear in the starting room of Depths II and its alts (only Necropolis and Dank Depths, as the door does not appear on Mausoleum or Gehenna). This door can only be opened if Isaac has The Polaroid, The Negative, or Faded Polaroid.
- This can be done by beating Mom then teleporting out of the boss room to anywhere else on the floor, or, alternatively, by inheriting any of the items from a previous run. Helpfully, a tinted Skull will always appear somewhere on Depths II which when destroyed drops an 0 - The Fool. If Isaac has Little Baggy it will turn into Telepills instead.
- Interacting with this door consumes The Polaroid, The Negative or Faded Polaroid. If multiple are available, Faded Polaroid is preferred, The Negative next, and The Polaroid last.
- The door leads to a special version of Mausoleum/ Gehenna II. Instead of a boss, the boss room of this floor contains Dad's Note.
- Dad's Note cannot be rerolled or destroyed in most ways, such as with The D6, Void, or Abyss.
- One of the three exceptions to this is TMTRAINER, which causes Dad's Note to be replaced with a glitch item, softlocking the game.
- Another exception is Spindown Dice, which will reroll Dad's Note to Strawman, also softlocking the game.
- There can also be a Dice Room 4 pips, which will reroll Dad's Note to a random item, also softlocking the game.
- Dad's Note cannot be duplicated via Crooked Penny, even if other items in the same room would be duplicated. Other duplication items such as Diplopia work as normal.
- Don't forget that the boss room of Mausoleum/ Gehenna II cannot be exited. Hence the only way to get out of there is by teleporting or picking up Dad's note.
- The only item that can be taken in the boss room of this special version of Mausoleum/ Gehenna is Dad's Note. No other items will be spawned.
- It's recommended to skip the Treasure Room of this floor for now, since one of the items is hidden. During the Ascent, both items will be visible.
- However, if Isaac has Dream Catcher, he can predict the items inside. If one of them is worthy, Isaac can enter the treasure room and take it.
- When obtaining outside the special Mausoleum/ Gehenna II boss room via cheats or by using Spindown Dice on Sausage, it will just slowly fade the music out.
- Before update 4.0.2, Little Baggy caused the guaranteed Fool card in Depths II to be replaced by a random pill. This is now a guaranteed Telepills.
- Before update 4.0.2, Sack Head had a chance to cause the guaranteed Fool card in Depths II to be replaced by a sack.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|