Dad's Key is an unlockable activated item.
- Opens all closed doors in the current room.
- Dad's Key can:
- Open any normal doors that are closed during combat.
- Open any dоor requiring keys:
- Open any door requiring bombs:
- Unlock the Mausoleum/ Gehenna doors without paying the health cost.
- Open Challenge Rooms and Boss Challenge Rooms if their health criteria weren't met.
- Open the door to the Mega Satan boss fight without having collected the key pieces.
- Open the Boss Rush door from inside.
- Open Mini-Boss Room doors from inside.
- Open most Boss Room dоors from inside.
- Dad's Key cannot:
- Open the Boss Rush door if the timer has already passed 20 minutes.
- Open the way to ??? if the timer has already passed 30 minutes.
- Open Angel Rooms or Devil Rooms.
- Open chests or key blоcks.
- Open an exit from Mom's boss room back to the rest of the floor (e.g. to get to the Dad's Note floor).
- Open the exit door in Greed mode.
- Open the door to The Void during the Hush fight.
- Open the flesh door leading to Corpse.
- Open Ultra Secret Rooms.
- Open A Strange Door.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps in the middle ring. If the wisps touch locked Chests or special room doors, they will unlock them, destroying themselves in the process. These wisps can open ANY locked door they touch, including the ones to Mega Satan, the Ascent, and Corpse. Stone/Mega Chests are unaffected.
- This item is used in The Family Man (challenge #19) and Red Redemption (challenge #44).
- Dad's Key may be a reference to Isaac's father leaving his mother, as it can be used to escape from almost any conflict.
PC M390 0WAQ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 JR88 9NJL (First Treasure Room, go right)
|Cards and Runes|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|