Dad's Key is an unlockable activated item.
Effect[edit | edit source]
- Opens all closed doors in the current room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dad's Key can:
- Open any normal doors that is closed during combat.
- Open any dоor requiring keys:
- Open any door requiring bombs:
- Unlock the Mausoleum/ Gehenna doors without paying the health cost.
- Open Challenge Rooms and Boss Challenge Rooms if their health criteria weren't met.
- Open the door to the Mega Satan boss fight without having collected the key pieces.
- Open the Boss Rush door from inside.
- Open Mini-Boss Room doors from inside.
- Open most Boss Room dоors from inside.
- Dad's Key cannot:
- Open the Boss Rush door if the timer has already passed 20 minutes.
- Open the way to ??? if the timer has already passed 30 minutes.
- Open Angel Rooms or Devil Rooms.
- Open chests or key blоcks.
- Open the exit door in Greed mode.
- Open the door to The Void during the Hush fight.
- Unlоck the door in Depths II leading tо Mausoleum II.
- Open the flesh door leading to Corpse.
- Open Ultra Secret Rooms.
- When used with Book of Virtues, the wisps are able to be used as a key with doors, chests, key beggars, lock blocks, and more.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is used in The Family Man (challenge #19) and Red Redemption (challenge #44).
- Dad's Key may be a reference to Isaac's father leaving his mother, as it can be used to escape from almost any conflict.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC M390 0WAQ (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 JR88 9NJL (First Treasure Room, go right)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|