DELETE THIS is challenge #45. The goal is to defeat ???. This challenge is unlocked by unlocking Tainted Eden. During this challenge, all items are randomly generated by randomly combining effects from other items in the game. Item sprites and text are randomly generated as well, providing no information on what each item does.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Trying to continue a run from this challenge will crash the game, so it is recommended to do this challenge when you know you'll have enough time to complete it.
- Try to get an active item that has a low charge or does something beneficial. Be warned, as items are randomly generated, active items could also just damage the player.
- Item prices in shops can vary significantly, from as low as a single cent to as high as 99 cents.
- Guaranteed boss item drops (Cube of Meat, A Pony, Little C.H.A.D., etc.) aren't rerolled into glitched items and can be acquired normally. In the case of active items acquired this way, dropping them after picking them up will turn them into a glitched item permanently.
- Trinkets, Cards and Runes are unaffected by the randomization that TMTRAINER forces on other types of items; finding good trinkets such as Curved Horn or Cancer, as well as saving powerful cards such as XIX - The Sun for bad situations, can help give advantages despite your lower-than-usual stats.
- Due to the inherent random nature of items, direct stat ups are very rare. As such, Bombs and XIII - Death gain increased utility during this challenge, as their relatively high damage is unaffected by randomization.
Notes[edit | edit source]
It is possible for the challenge to be completed early if an item happens to spawn the ending trophy.
Unlike all other challenges, DELETE THIS appears below the challenge list itself, as an additional challenge not numbered on the list.
All glitched items will appear as the icon for Mega Blast in the pause menu, though will keep their original glitched appearance on the Extra HUD.
Unlockable achievements[edit | edit source]
- Temperance - Complete DELETE THIS (challenge #45).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This challenge does not have a name in the game's files at all, and is not merely hidden from the menu: it is defined by the number 45 as its ID and a zero-length character string for a name. For clarity, it is referred to by the name of the achievement that unlocks it.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||This challenge is prone to crashing the program, either while running it or when trying to continue the challenge after quitting the program in the middle (even if it had seemed to be stable before that). If this happens it will probably be necessary to start a new playthrough.|
|Bug!||If there is an effect that applies to spawned consumables, it will happen to the completion trophy, possibly causing completion to become impossible that run.|
|1.||Pitch Black||2.||High Brow||3.||Head Trauma||4.||Darkness Falls||5.||The Tank||6.||Solar System||7.||Suicide King|
|8.||Cat Got Your Tongue||9.||Demo Man||10.||Cursed!||11.||Glass Cannon||12.||When Life Gives You Lemons||13.||Beans!||14.||It's in the Cards|
|15.||Slow Roll||16.||Computer Savvy||17.||Waka Waka||18.||The Host||19.||The Family Man||20.||Purist|
|21.||XXXXXXXXL||22.||SPEED!||23.||Blue Bomber||24.||PAY TO PLAY||25.||Have a Heart||26.||I RULE!||27.||BRAINS!|
|28.||PRIDE DAY!||29.||Onan's Streak||30.||The Guardian|
|31.||Backasswards||32.||Aprils Fool||33.||Pokey Mans||34.||Ultra Hard||35.||Pong|
|36.||Scat Man||37.||Bloody Mary||38.||Baptism by Fire||39.||Isaac's Awakening||40.||Seeing Double||41.||Pica Run||42.||Hot Potato|
|43.||Cantripped!||44.||Red Redemption||45.||DELETE THIS|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|