The Cursed Eye is a passive item.
- Grants charged tears which fires a tight burst of shots, shooting up to four shots when fully charged. Firing mid-charge will shoot fewer tears depending on the charge time.
- The full burst size is five shots.
- Quickly tapping the fire key will result in no tears being fired.
- Charging while a burst is currently firing will prevent the rest of the shots from being fired.
- Taking damage while charging (not fully charged) will teleport Isaac into another room.
- This item can be counterproductive, especially while fighting bosses, as getting hit while charging a shot will reset the fight.
- The teleport effect only occurs when taking damage while in the middle of charging, before the shot is fully charged. Having a high tears stat for faster charging will decrease the window where Isaac is vulnerable to teleporting.
- The teleporting and charge-up effects do not apply to Lilith. Her Incubus will fire three projectiles with each shot without needing to charge, tripling her damage output with no downside.
- Isaac is unable to fire tears if he hits 30+ TPS with this item.
- The color of Isaac's cursed eye will indicate what state it currently is in:
- White: Inactive
- Black: Charging up
- Flashing black and white: Fully charged
- Black Candle: Teleport effect is removed.
- Holy Mantle: Losing Holy Mantle while charging Cursed Eye will not teleport Isaac.
- Incubus: Incubus fires 3 tears for each one that normally would be fired, with no change in delay.
- Marked: Tears are charged and automatically fired to varying levels depending on the distance between Isaac and the reticule. The firing rate is greatly increased without affecting the tears stat, even beyond normal maximum fire rate. The teleport effect is removed.
- Neptunus: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Technology: Becomes a quick charging laser that shoots multiple lasers on release.
- Epiphora: Epiphora's tear rate multiplier affects the number of tears in a burst for a total of ten shots with a full Epiphora charge.
- Technology 2: Laser fires while charging Cursed Eye. Tear delay for the charge is unaffected by Tech 2. Allows Cain to fire normal tears.
- Tears are replaced with lasers, fired from the same eye of Tech 2.
- Almond Milk/ Soy Milk: Cursed Eye is automatically charged and fired when the fire key is held. The charge bar of Cursed Eye becomes invisible. The teleport effect remains.
- Anti-Gravity: Anti-Gravity effect cannot be used, as releasing a tear fire button also releases the Anti-Gravity Effect.
- Azazel: No effect.
- Brimstone: No effect.
- Chocolate Milk: Charged tear is followed by up to 3 minimum-power tears, depending on Cursed Eye's charge.
- Cursed Eye takes longer to charge, but low damage shots can be fired rapidly. If fully charged, Isaac fires five Chocolate Milk shots.
- Diplopia: No effect.
- Dr. Fetus: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Epic Fetus: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Eye of the Occult: The tears stack on top of each other, and only move forward when holding a direction afterwards.
- The Forgotten: The skeleton form's charge attack becomes a rapid barrage of hits; the amount depends on how full the charge is, up to 4.
- The Ludovico Technique: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Mom's Knife: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Monstro's Lung: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Spirit Sword: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Sprinkler: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Tainted Azazel: No effect.
- Tainted Lilith: The fetus gains the effect of Cursed Eye and the teleportation effect does not happen.
- Technology: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- Tech X: Overrides Cursed Eye.
- This item may be a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" where the narrator talks about murdering an old man because of his "evil eye", which is described to look like The Cursed Eye.
- The concept of unluckiness brought about by someone's evil eye is not unique, and also appears across many different cultures.
- When Keeper charges up his shots his eye turns into a dollar sign.
PC ZE1J 3XQC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC D232 VFFW (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 70CF RBVB (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita YXVB 83G4 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch 0TXT F38C (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|Bug!||In Greed mode, taking Red Heart damage while charging will decrease the displayed Devil Room chance on the Found HUD to 0%. It returns to 100% if the button is pressed again.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|