The Cursed Eye is a passive item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Grants charged tears which fires a tight burst of shots.
- The full burst size is four shots.
- The full burst size is five shots.
- Releasing all fire keys while not completely charged shoots fewer tears, depending on charge time. Quickly tapping the fire key will result in no tears being fired.
- Taking damage while charging (not fully charged) will teleport Isaac into another room.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item can be counterproductive, especially while fighting bosses, as getting hit while charging a shot will reset the fight.
- The teleport effect only occurs when taking damage while in the middle of charging, before the shot is fully charged. Having a high tears stat for faster charging will decrease the window where Isaac is vulnerable to teleporting.
- The teleporting and charge-up effects do not apply to Lilith. Her Incubus will fire three projectiles with each shot without needing to charge, tripling her damage output with no downside.
- The color of Isaac's cursed eye will indicate what state it currently is in:
- White: Inactive
- Black: Charging up
- Flashing black and white: Fully charged
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Black Candle: Teleport effect is removed.
- Holy Mantle: Losing Holy Mantle while charging Cursed Eye will not teleport Isaac.
- Incubus: Incubus fires 3 tears for each one that normally would be fired, with no change in delay.
- Marked: Tears are charged and automatically fired to varying levels depending on the distance between Isaac and the reticule. The firing rate is greatly increased without affecting the tears stat, even beyond normal maximum fire rate. The teleport effect is removed.
- Neptunus: Tears charge over time while not firing. The teleport effect is removed.
- Technology: Becomes a quick charging laser that shoots multiple lasers on release.
- Epiphora: Epiphora's tear rate multiplier affects the number of tears in a burst for a total of ten shots with a full Epiphora charge.
- Technology 2: Laser fires while charging Cursed Eye. Tear delay for the charge is unaffected by Tech 2. Allows Cain to fire normal tears.
- No tears are fired after releasing the charge. Laser still fires while charging.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Almond Milk: In addition to the normal effect of Almond Milk, adds a periodic set of five shots without need to charge. Teleport effect activates whenever hit while firing.
- Anti-Gravity: Only stat changes from Anti-Gravity applies, as releasing a tear fire button also releases the Anti-Gravity Effect.
- Azazel: No effect.
- Brimstone: No effect.
- Chocolate Milk: Charged tear is followed by up to 3 minimum power ones, depending on Cursed Eye's charge.
- Diplopia: No effect.
- Dr. Fetus: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Epic Fetus: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Eye of the Occult: The tears stack on top of each other, and only move forward when holding a direction afterwards.
- The Forgotten: The skeleton form's charge attack becomes a rapid barrage of hits; the amount depends on how full the charge is, up to 4.
- The Ludovico Technique: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Mom's Knife: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Monstro's Lung: The tear amount stays the same, but the teleporting can still happen.
- Spirit Sword: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Sprinkler: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Technology: No Cursed Eye effect.
- Tech X: No Cursed Eye effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item may be a reference to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" where the narrator talks about murdering an old man because of his "evil eye", which is described to look like The Cursed Eye.
- When Keeper charges up his shots his eye turns into a dollar sign.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC ZE1J 3XQC (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC D232 VFFW (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 70CF RBVB (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita YXVB 83G4 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch 0TXT F38C (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||In Greed mode, taking Red Heart damage while charging will decrease the displayed Devil Room chance on the Found HUD to 0%. It returns to 100% if the button is pressed again.|
References[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|