Cube of Meat is an unlockable passive item.
- The first Cube spawns an orbital familiar that blocks shots and deals 7 contact damage to enemies per tick (105 damage per second).
- The orbital ticks less frequently, dealing 56 damage per second instead.
- The orbital orbits Isaac significantly faster.
- The second Cube gives the orbital the ability to shoot tears that do 3.5 damage.
- The orbital shoots once per second.
- The orbital shoots once every 0.66 seconds.
- The third Cube turns the orbital into a Meat Boy that chases nearby enemies, dealing 3.5 contact damage per tick (7 damage per second.)
- The Meat Boy deals 5 contact damage per tick (10 per second).
- The fourth Cube makes the Meat Boy larger and increases its damage to 5.5 per tick (11 per second).
- The Super Meat Boy deals 10 contact damage per tick (20 per second).
- The fifth and subsequent Cubes will start the cycle again.
- The Harbingers will always drop either a Cube of Meat or Ball of Bandages.
- Cube of Meat will replace a Pretty Fly if Isaac already has 3 Pretty Flies.
- If the Cube of Meat reaches level 3 or 4, the Pretty Fly will come back until another Cube of Meat orbital is obtained.
- The ticking rate for Meat Boys' contact damage causes them to often deal damage twice once they touch an enemy, making their first second of DPS up to 1.5x higher than normal.
- If Monster Manual summons a Cube of Meat while Isaac has one already, it will raise the level of Cube of Meat only for the current room.
- This persists for the full floor.
- Using Box of Friends will raise the level of the Cube of Meat by one each time it is used, rather than creating another Cube of Meat.
- A level 3 or 4 Meat Boy will deal significantly less damage than the orbital form, but is also much easier to use.
- Potato Peeler can be used to get Cubes of Meat by sacrificing Heart Containers.
- Combining Cube of Meat with Halo of Flies will cover Isaac from most angles from projectiles.
Methods to create a Super Meat Boy
See the page for Unlocking Super Meat Boy & Super Bandage Girl.
- Book of Revelations: Ensures that Harbingers that haven't already been defeated will replace their respective floor's boss, making it drastically easier to collect multiple Cubes of Meat.
- Duct Tape: Familiar will stay in place relative to Isaac at levels 1 and 2. No effect at levels 3 and 4.
- The Cube of Meat is a reference to the game Super Meat Boy, developed by Edmund McMillen, creator of The Binding of Isaac.
- The pickup quote is a reference to the Pokémon series catchphrase "Gotta catch 'em all."
PC Y9XX 1CZY
WiiU 6R2A QJ14
XboxOne 23LX 2J6Y
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|