Converter is an activated item.
- Upon use, converts two Soul or Black Hearts into one full Heart Container.
- Using this item on Black Hearts will activate the Black Hearts damaging effect.
- Must use with two full Soul Hearts to work. One and a half will not work.
- Dark Judas: Soul hearts get converted into Black Hearts.
- Guppy's Paw: Allows Isaac to attain up to 10 Heart Containers and 1 Soul Heart.
- Allows Isaac to attain up to 12 Heart containers.
- ???: Converts two Soul/Black Hearts into one Soul Heart, resulting in a net loss.
- Bethany: No effect.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps in the middle ring, looking like hearts. Wisps have slightly higher health than average.
- Car Battery: No effect.
- The Forgotten: Converts Soul Hearts into Bone Hearts. Only works when controlling The Soul.
- Tainted Bethany: Adds 1 Heart to her reserve at no cost in health, effectively giving her infinite blood charges.
- Tainted Judas/ Dark Judas: Converts one Black Heart into one Black Heart, effectively keeping Judas’ health the same as before but activates The Necronomicon effect regardless.
- The Converter is a reference to a converter, a device or system that changes the form of something.
- According to Edmund via the Four Souls Isaac lore stream, the Converter's sprite was originally supposed to be similar to an adapter that converted US-standard power plugs for UK-standard power outlets, then he "just threw some wires on it."
- The Converter can be seen as an opposite to Guppy's Paw. Where the Converter takes two Soul or Black Hearts to form a Heart container (or just one Soul or Black Heart as of Repentance), Guppy's Paw takes one Heart container to form three Soul Hearts. Additionally, their flavor texts are similar.
PC 1TNY 7MJ0 (1st floor Shop, Purchase after getting A Quarter in 1st floor Treasure Room)
Notes: Must be Isaac because a bomb is needed to get a key. The Pandora's Box in the Curse Room must be picked up before entering the Shop. The Converter is inaccessible on the Hard mode seed due to the difficulty of getting a key to open the Shop.
Switch KEBM C08G (First-floor Shop, half price) (Coins are abundant in Hard mode, obtaining in Normal mode requires bombing shopkeeper and using Sacrifice Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|