Converter is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Upon use, converts two Soul or Black Hearts into one full Heart Container.
- Upon use, converts one Soul or Black Heart into one full Heart Container.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Using this item on Black Hearts will activate the Black Hearts damaging effect.
- Must use with two full Soul Hearts to work. One and a half will not work.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Guppy's Paw: Allows Isaac to attain up to 10 Heart Containers and 1 Soul Heart.
- Allows Isaac to attain up to 12 Heart containers.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- ???: Converts two Soul/Black Hearts into one Soul Heart, resulting in a net loss.
- ???: Converts one Soul/Black Heart into one Soul Heart, making it only useful for getting rid of Black Hearts without lowering his health or for items that trigger when an active item is used.
- ??? with Birthright will remove one Soul Heart and grant two, effectively granting infinite health.
- Bethany: No effect.
- The Forgotten: Converts Soul Hearts into Bone Hearts. Only works when controlling The Soul.
- Tainted Judas: Converts one Black Heart into one Black Heart, effectively keeping Judas’ health the same as before but activates The Necronomicon effect regardless.
- Car Battery: No effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Converter is a reference to a converter, a device or system that changes the form of something.
- According to Edmund via the Four Souls Isaac lore stream, the Converter's sprite was originally supposed to be similar to an adapter that converted US-standard power plugs for UK-standard power outlets, then he "just threw some wires on it."
- The Converter can be seen as an opposite to Guppy's Paw. Where the Converter takes two Soul or Black Hearts to form a Heart container (or just one Soul or Black Heart as of Repentance), Guppy's Paw takes one Heart container to form three Soul Hearts. Additionally, their flavor texts are similar.
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 1TNY 7MJ0 (1st floor Shop, Purchase after getting A Quarter in 1st floor Treasure Room)
Notes: Must be Isaac because a bomb is needed to get a key. The Pandora's Box in the Curse Room must be picked up before entering the Shop. The Converter is inaccessible on the Hard mode seed due to the difficulty of getting a key to open the Shop.
Switch KEBM C08G (First-floor Shop, half price) (Coins are abundant in Hard mode, obtaining in Normal mode requires bombing shopkeeper and using Sacrifice Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|