- Gives Isaac one of the following stat boosts, depending on what attribute Isaac has the least of:
- Also drops either 3 coins, 1 bomb, or 1 key on the ground, depending on what Isaac has the least of.
- Each key or bomb is equivalent to 3 coins. Thus, having 3 coins, 1 bomb and 1 key is counted as having the same amount of each.
- Pickups spawned can be variants of their type.
- The tears up can break the soft tears cap of 5, due to the fact that it is a tear delay modifier.
- If there is a tie between two or more stats/pickups for which is lowest, one of them is selected at random.
- Cards and trinkets that grant temporary stat increases will affect the stat given by Consolation Prize (e.g. using I - The Magician or carrying Tape Worm will likely prevent the item from granting a range up, VII - The Chariot or Goat Hoof - speed, and so on.)
- As Bethany, it can also spawn a Soul Heart if that is her lowest consumable; one soul heart is equivalent to 2 coins.
- As Tainted Isaac, dropping it for another item won't reset the gained stat.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|