Coins serve as the currency for Shops, the payment for the Donation Machine in Shops, and payment for the Slot Machines, Fortune Telling Machines, Shell Game, Beggars, and Restock Machines. They are also consumed to use a few activated items (most notably Magic Fingers and Portable Slot). Keeper can also pick up coins to refill his health.
|Coin||ID||Image||Worth||Additional Info||Unlock Method|
|Penny||5.20.1||1||Humbling Bundle and Equality! can replace this with a Double Penny.||Always unlocked|
|Double Penny||5.20.4||2||Doesn't spawn naturally. Can only be found by using certain items or encountering certain rooms.||Always unlocked|
|Lucky Penny||5.20.5||1||Increases luck by 1 when picked up.
Humbling Bundle and Equality! will not double this.
Bumbo and Bum Friend will pick this up, but will not give Isaac any luck.
|Donate 1 coin to the Greed Donation Machine|
|Sticky Nickel||5.20.6||5||Will flip upside-down when Isaac tries to collect it. Afterwards, it will get stuck on the ground, unable to be picked up unless blasted off the ground with an explosion.
Bumbo and Bum Friend are unable to pick this up; they instead hover over them, attempting to pick them up.
|Complete the Boss Rush as Keeper|
|Golden Penny||5.20.7||1||Spawns another golden penny in a random spot in the same room after being picked up, but has a 5% chance of disappearing instead.||Defeat Mega Satan as Tainted Keeper|
- Unlocking Sticky Nickels is strictly speaking a downgrade, as they replace normal nickels, though the sticky ones are rare enough to not make a severe difference.
- Although Edmund McMillen has stated that Sticky Nickels should replace pennies, this is not how they are actually implemented.
- Booster Pack #5 added a green glow to Lucky Pennies, making them easier to spot. This was from this Steam Workshop mod by piber20.
- Despite being able to pick up coins, Ultra Greed and his statue cannot pick up Sticky Nickels until they have been unstuck by an explosion.
- During the Ultra Greed fight, if a Sticky Nickel drops, Ultra Greed will be continuously drawn to it.
- Sticky Nickels visibly stick to the ground upon spawning, making them easier to distinguish from ordinary nickels.
- In the unlikely event that a Sticky Nickel is present during the Bumbino fight, the boss will try to pick the coin up in futility, making him distracted and thus negating much of the difficulty of the fight.
- Golden Razor - In a single run, obtain 99 coins, then spend all the money..
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|