- Copies the effects of Isaac's held rune or soul stone, similar to the Blank Card and Placebo.
- Drops one random rune the first time it's picked up.
This is a list of the following recharge times the item can have, depending on the consumable it mimicked last:
- 1 room:
- 2 rooms:
- 3 rooms:
- 4 rooms:
- 6 rooms:
- 12 rooms:
- Butter!: Because Clear Rune is dropped upon usage, the recharge time for them is reset to 4, allowing to use more expensive runes much more frequently.
- Car Battery: Essentially uses the rune or soul stone twice.
- Rune of Jera: Allows Isaac to copy pickups with every use. This combination can double Lil' Batteries, which can both circumvent the rune's high charge time and allow for game-breaking combos with repeated use of the synergy.
- Tarot Cloth: No effect.
- Despite being introduced in the Repentance DLC, Clear Rune's place in the Collection Menu is on Page 3, along with other Rebirth items. This is due to the item taking up a previously unused item id.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|