Chub moves randomly around the room in cardinal directions and can perform the following attacks:
- Charges at Isaac whenever he lines up with one of her cardinal directions.
- Chub eats any Bombs dropped in her path; stunning her for a moment before dealing considerable damage.
- Spawns a 1-2 Charger up to a maximum of 5 (occasionally 6 if she spawns 2 while there are 4 alive).
- Chub's charge attack can damage and kill any Chargers.
Chub deals a whole heart of contact damage.
Champion Versions 
- Cyan: 15% larger and slower than normal, with 25% more HP (437.5). Spawns Black-coloured Boils instead of Chargers. Despite the different color, they behave exactly like normal Boils.
- Orange: 15% smaller and faster than normal, with 15% less HP (297.5). Spawns Spitties instead of Chargers.
- Chub is often paired with Chargers in the boss room.
- She can also be paired with Drowned Chargers.
- When using Dr. Fetus' bomb combined with a shot type that passes through enemies, Chub will not eat the bomb.
- Each segment of Chub can be individually damaged, so a single piercing tear could hit Chub multiple times.
- Piercing shots no longer damage segmented enemies multiple times per attack.
- Chub will eat Troll Bombs (such as those set by other bosses) just like bombs dropped by Isaac.
- Best Friend can damage Chub if eaten, similar to a bomb.
- Chub appeared in the original Binding of Isaac.
- Sometimes, in the original game, Chub would spawn with only two segments, preventing her from spawning anything. This can also happen in Repentance.
- Carrion Queen is the posthumous version of her, and C.H.A.D. is the alternate version.
- She is the boss version of the Chargers.
- Chub is one of four bosses to have its posthumous version in the same chapter, the other cases being Gemini having Blighted Ovum in chapter 1, Polycephalus having The Stain in chapter 2 and Tuff Twins having The Shell in Chapter 2.5.
- However, Chub doesn't appear in the same environment as Carrion Queen, who appears in Catacombs while Chub appears in The Caves and the Flooded Caves.
- Chub is confirmed to be female.
- Chub may also be a reference to the Dodongos from The Legend of Zelda, which Link had to toss bombs into their mouths to kill. This is supported by the Rules Card's display of "CHUB DISLIKES SMOKE", a reference to "DODONGO DISLIKES SMOKE" from the original Legend of Zelda.
- The Matriarch is a boss from Booster Pack #5 that is simultaneously based of Chub, Fistula, and Fistuloid. When at low HP, she will split into Chub.
- Unlike the usual pattern, if the Chub from The Matriarch eats a bomb, she'll spit it back at the player.
- Chub is one of the four bosses that can be spawned by It Lives, the other three being Fistula (as of Repentance), Polycephalus and Teratoma.
- Prior to Booster Pack #5, Chub could spawn Drowned Chargers if she was fought in the Flooded Caves. This also applies to The Stain.
|Bug!||If Chub is killed while frozen by Mom's Contacts, only the part to receive the last shot will die.|
|Bug!||Her eating rockets from Rocket in a Jar causes the game to crash.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|