Chimera trots quickly in Isaac's direction slowly building up speed. When fast enough it leaves a trail of harmful Green Creep and makes wide turns due to its momentum. It can also perform the following attacks:
- Spits out 5 Small Maggots.
- Any Small Maggots it walks into are killed.
- Unlike its other attacks, Chimera can perform this one without interrupting its chase and its built up speed.
- Spits out a Sick Boom Fly and throws it towards Isaac.
- Jumps twice towards Isaac, shooting out a radius of 8 tears on the first landing and 4 rock waves in diagonal directions on the second landing.
- Shoots out 8 Ipecac shots towards where Isaac is predicted to move. The landing position of each projectile is marked on the ground.
Once its HP has dropped to about half, it makes a final charge towards Isaac before tripping and dividing the head and body into separate entities. It will take increasingly reduced damage as it approaches 50% HP until it transitions phases.
- The head continuously makes leaps towards Isaac and slides a distance after landing while leaving a trail of damaging Red Creep. It can also perform the following attacks:
- Shoots out 4 spreads of 5 projectiles in Isaac's direction.
- Performs three quick dashes, similar to Dingle, leaving Red Creep. The first 2 dashes are towards Isaac while the final dash is towards its body. After completing the final dash the body can pick the head up and throw it at Isaac, leaving a trail of projectiles as it travels and creating a burst of projectiles where the head collides with a wall.
- If the body is performing another attack during the head's charges, the head will charge at Isaac for its third charge instead.
- If the body dies before the head, it continuously makes long charges at Isaac, bouncing off any walls while also leaving Red Creep.
- The body continues to chase Isaac like the first phase but at a slower pace. It can also perform the following attacks:
- Fires a green-hued Brimstone beam downwards if Isaac is directly above or below it. It is propelled upwards by this beam until it hits the wall.
- Runs quickly towards Isaac building momentum before leaping and rolling around the room bouncing off walls, similar to The Cage.
- If the head dies before the body, the body continuously rolls around like The Cage for the rest of the battle.
- Chimera lends its name to the fact that it is a mix of three other bosses:
- A Chimera in Greek mythology is a monstrous creature composed of a lion, goat, and snake.
- "The term "chimera" has come to describe any mythical or fictional creature with parts taken from various animals...".
|Bug!||Chimera's head will occasionally disappear once the body is killed, rendering them unbeatable unless the player exits the game and continues the run.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|