Charm of the Vampire is a passive item.
- As Keeper and Tainted Keeper, coin hearts can be restored with this item.
- The healing effect is useless for characters that cannot use Red hearts.
- Tainted Bethany will gain one blood charge when it activates.
- Shopkeepers count as an enemy.
- This item removes Isaac's reflections in the water/blood visible in some floors.
- The healing counter also applies to enemies killed by familiars.
- Maggy's Bow: No effect.
- My Reflection: Despite vampires having no reflection, Charm of the Vampire does not remove the effect of My Reflection.
- Uranus: The freeze effect overrides the effect of Charm of the Vampire, since it freezes the enemy's it does not count towards the healing counter.
- If the player clears out a room and saves at least one enemy, they can save, quit, and then continue the run to enter the same room with enemies reset. The counter for Charm of the Vampire is saved along with the game, meaning the player can farm the same room for Red Hearts.
- This item is used in Have a Heart (challenge #25).
- A vampire is a being from folklore who subsists by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of the living.
- In folklore, a vampire leaves no reflection because it has no soul. This is why Charm of the Vampire removes Isaac's reflection.
- If the player dies while one of their tears is on track to kill an enemy (or by killing a weak enemy using contact damage), Charm of the Vampire can heal the player for half a heart while the player is in the process of dying, leaving the player dead with half a Red Heart.
PC 110J FPGT (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 XTJ2 4474 (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music