- 1 Cards
- 2 Runes
- 3 Soul Stones
- 4 Other
- 5 Notes
- 6 Unlockable Achievements
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Bugs
Major Arcana Cards
|0 - The Fool||5.300.1||Where journey begins||Teleports Isaac back to the starting room of a floor.|
|I - The Magician||5.300.2||May you never miss your goal||Grants homing tears and +3 range for the current room (same effect as Telepathy for Dummies).|
|II - The High Priestess||5.300.3||Mother is watching you||Mom's dismembered leg is called down to deal 300 damage to anything it stomps. It will always stomp on the enemy with the most health. If used in an empty room or during the fight with Mom, it will stomp Isaac instead.|
|III - The Empress||5.300.4||May your rage bring power||Triggers the Whore of Babylon effect (+1.5 damage, +0.3 speed) for the current room, but without the need for Isaac to have a red heart or less of health.|
|IV - The Emperor||5.300.5||Challenge me!||Teleports Isaac into the Boss Room of a floor.|
|V - The Hierophant||5.300.6||Two prayers for the lost||Spawns 2 Soul Hearts.|
|VI - The Lovers||5.300.7||May you prosper and be in good health||Spawns 2 Red Hearts. If used in a Black Heart or Eternal Heart-containing Super Secret Room, it will spawn those types of hearts instead.|
|VII - The Chariot||5.300.8||May nothing stand before you||Grants the temporary invulnerability effect of My Little Unicorn.|
|VIII - Justice||5.300.9||May your future become balanced||Spawns one of each consumable drop (a Red Heart, a Key, a Bomb, and a Penny). Hearts have a chance to spawn as either a Half Red Heart or a Double Heart.|
|IX - The Hermit||5.300.10||May you see what life has to offer||Teleports Isaac to the Shop. If there is no Shop, this will act as a random teleport. If the Shop has not yet been accessed, this card will unlock the door without requiring a key (as long as the player exits through the main entrance).|
|X - Wheel of Fortune||5.300.11||Spin the wheel of destiny||Spawns an Arcade machine (Slot Machine or Fortune Telling Machine).|
|XI - Strength||5.300.12||May your power bring rage||Grants the effect of Magic Mushroom (increases all of Isaac's stats except tears), but adds one (temporary) Red Heart container for the current room as opposed to a permanent one.|
|XII - The Hanged Man||5.300.13||May you find enlightenment||Removes Isaac's body, allowing him to fly around for the duration of the room (same effect as Transcendence).|
|XIII - Death||5.300.14||Lay waste to all that oppose you||Deals 40 damage to all enemies in the room (same effect as The Necronomicon).|
|XIV - Temperance||5.300.15||May you be pure in heart||Spawns a Blood Donation Machine.|
Spawns a Devil Beggar in Greed mode.
|XV - The Devil||5.300.16||Revel in the power of darkness||Grants Isaac a temporary +2 increase to damage for the current room (same effect as The Book of Belial).|
|XVI - The Tower||5.300.17||Destruction brings creation||Spawns 6 Troll Bombs randomly around the room (same effect as the Anarchist Cookbook).|
|XVII - The Stars||5.300.18||May you find what you desire||Teleports Isaac to the Treasure Room. If there is no Treasure Room, this will act as a random teleport. Randomly chooses a Treasure Room on Curse of the Labyrinth. If the Treasure Room has not yet been accessed, this card will unlock the door without requiring a key (as long as the player exits through the main entrance). Can also teleport you to the Planetarium|
|XVIII - The Moon||5.300.19||May you find all you have lost||Teleports the player to the Secret Room. This card will open one random wall once inside the Secret Room, so you can leave even if you don't have any bombs available.|
|XIX - The Sun||5.300.20||May the light heal and enlighten you||Restores Isaac's full health, deals 100 damage to all enemies in the room, and reveals the map for the current floor, except the Super Secret Room. Removes Curse of Darkness for the current floor.|
|XX - Judgement||5.300.21||Judge lest ye be judged||Spawns a Beggar.|
|XXI - The World||5.300.22||Open your eyes and see||Reveals the entire floor, except for the Super Secret Room. Has no effect if under the effect of Curse of the Lost or Amnesia.|
These cards share the same names as their counterparts (barring the question marks at the end of their names), but have the sprite upside-down, the narrator sound clip reversed, and give different effects.
|0 - The Fool?||5.300.56||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Lost||Let go and move on||Drops all hearts and pickups on the floor, leaving Isaac at half a heart. Pickups may be spawned as items such as A Quarter and Boom!.|
|I - The Magician?||5.300.57||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Judas||May no harm come to you||Grants a repelling blue aura for one minute, like The Soul but stronger and with a wider area of effect.|
|II - The High Priestess?||5.300.58||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Lilith||Run||Mom's leg starts stomping down repeatedly for one minute, like holding Broken Shovel.|
|III - The Empress?||5.300.59||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Eve||May your love bring protection||Grants 2 temporary red heart containers and +1.35 tears for one minute, along with Magdalene's hairstyle. Does not stack.|
|IV - The Emperor?||5.300.60||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted ???||May you find a worthy opponent||Teleports Isaac into an extra Boss Room. The boss will drop a reward, but the room has no trapdoor and can be returned to only with another card.|
|V - The Hierophant?||5.300.61||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Bethany||Two prayers for the forgotten||Spawns 2 Bone Hearts.|
|VI - The Lovers?||5.300.62||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Magdalene||May your heart shatter to pieces||Spawns a random item from the current room's item pool. Turns 1 red heart container or 2 soul hearts into a broken heart, potentially fatally.|
|VII - The Chariot?||5.300.63||Complete Hot Potato (challenge #42)||May nothing walk past you||Isaac becomes an invincible, immobile statue with extreme fire rate for 10 seconds. Sometimes the statue looks like Edith.|
|VIII - Justice?||5.300.64||Complete Cantripped (challenge #43)||May your sins come back to torment you||Spawns 2 to 4 Golden Chests.|
|IX - The Hermit?||5.300.65||Complete Red Redemption (challenge #44)||May you see the value of all things in life||"Sells" items and pickups in the room for their usual shop price, spawning a matching amount of coins. Does not affect grab bags. If there is nothing to sell, spawns a penny.|
|X - Wheel of Fortune?||5.300.66||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Cain||Throw the dice of fate||Invokes a random dice room effect.|
|XI - Strength?||5.300.67||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Samson||May you break their resolve||All enemies in the room are weakened, becoming slow and take double damage.|
|XII - The Hanged Man?||5.300.68||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Keeper||May your greed know no bounds||Isaac turns visually into Keeper for 30 seconds, with a triple shot, no damage bonus and -0.1 speed. Killed enemies drop random coins.|
|XIII - Death?||5.300.69||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Forgotten||May life spring forth from the fallen||Invokes a Book of the Dead effect.|
|XIV - Temperance?||5.300.70||Complete DELETE THIS (challenge #45)||May your hunger be satiated||Forces Isaac to eat 5 random pills in quick succession.|
|XV - The Devil?||5.300.71||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Azazel||Bask in the light of your mercy||Invokes The Bible and grants a Seraphim familiar and flight for 30 seconds.|
|XVI - The Tower?||5.300.72||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Apollyon||Creation brings destruction||Spawns 6 clusters of random rocks and other obstacles. The pathways between exits can't be blocked.|
|XVII - The Stars?||5.300.73||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Isaac||May your loss bring fortune||Removes Isaac's oldest passive item and spawns 2 random items from the current room's item pool.|
|XVIII - The Moon?||5.300.74||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Jacob||May you remember lost memories||Teleports the player to the Ultra Secret Room. The pathway back to the normal rooms will be made of red rooms.|
|XIX - The Sun?||5.300.75||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Jacob||May the darkness swallow all around you||Gain Spirit of the Night and +1.5 damage for the current level. Turns Isaac's red hearts into bone hearts, but they revert once the effect ends. Also causes Curse of Darkness that cannot be dispelled.|
|XX - Judgement?||5.300.76||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Lazarus||May you redeem those found wanting||Spawns a Restock Machine.|
|XXI - The World?||5.300.77||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Tainted Eden||Step into the abyss||Spawns a trap door to a crawl space.|
|2 of Clubs||5.300.23||Always available||Item multiplier||Doubles your bombs. If you have no bombs, gives you 2 instead.|
|2 of Diamonds||5.300.24||Always available||Item multiplier||Doubles your coins. If you have no coins, gives you 2 instead.|
|2 of Spades||5.300.25||Always available||Item multiplier||Doubles your keys. If you have no keys, gives you 2 instead.|
|2 of Hearts||5.300.26||Always available||Item multiplier||Doubles Isaac's current number of Red Hearts. Does not affect Eternal Hearts, Soul Hearts, or Black Hearts. Doesn't add new Red Heart containers, just fills empty ones.|
|Ace of Clubs||5.300.27||Get a 3-win streak||Convert all||Turns all pickups, chests, and non-boss enemies in the room into Bombs.|
|Ace of Diamonds||5.300.28||Defeat The Lamb in under 20 minutes||Convert all||Turns all pickups, chests, and non-boss enemies in the room into Pennies.|
|Ace of Spades||5.300.29||Defeat The Lamb without taking hearts, coins, and bombs through an entire run||Convert all||Turns all pickups, chests, and non-boss enemies in the room into Keys.|
|Ace of Hearts||5.300.30||Complete a Chapter (floors I and II) after The Basement, start-to-finish, with only half a heart of health (can use The Lost)||Convert all||Turns all pickups, chests, and non-boss enemies in the room into random heart pickups.|
|Joker||5.300.31||Always available||???||Teleports Isaac to the Devil Room or Angel Room.|
|Suicide King||5.300.46||Complete Suicide King (challenge #7)||A true ending?||Kills Isaac and spawns lots of pickups, items, and/or chests in the same room.|
|Queen of Hearts||5.300.79||Defeat Mega Satan as Tainted Magdalene||<3||Spawns 1-21 full red hearts.|
Magic: The Gathering Card Backs
|Chaos Card||5.300.42||Complete Demo Man (challenge #9)||???||Throws the card to kill anything in its path. Opens normal doors.|
|Huge Growth||5.300.52||Increase in size 5 times in a single run. Sources of increased size include "One Makes you Larger" pills, XI - Strength, and Magic Mushroom||Become immense!||Makes Isaac large for the current room, increasing his range and damage.|
|Ancient Recall||5.300.53||Use cards and runes 20 times||Draw 3 cards||Spawns 3 random cards.|
|Era Walk||5.300.54||Have both the Broken Watch and the Stop Watch in your collection||Savor the moment||For the current room, enemies are slowed, Isaac's speed is increased, and his shot speed is decreased.|
Credit Card Back
|Credit Card||5.300.43||Complete Cursed (challenge #10)||Charge it!||Converts all items in the Shop or Devil Room into pickups or items on pedestals, allowing them to be picked up for free.|
Other Playing Card Backs
|Rules Card||5.300.44||Complete Glass Cannon (challenge #11)||???||Displays a cryptic statement on the screen, similar to a Fortune Teller. These messages (often) provide hints on bosses, bonus areas, etc.|
|? Card||5.300.48||Always available||Double active||When used, copies the effect of Isaac's currently held activated collectible.|
Card Against Humanity Back
|A Card Against Humanity||5.300.45||Complete When Life Gives You Lemons (challenge #12)||Something stinks...||Covers the entire room with poop. The process is not instant, and the room will not get filled if you leave it before it's done filling.|
|Get out of Jail Free Card||5.300.47||Complete SPEED! (challenge #22)||Open Sesame||Upon use, opens all doors in the current room (including the golden door at The Chest / Dark Room), similar to Dad's Key.|
|Holy Card||5.300.51||Defeat Delirium as The Lost||You feel protected||Grants the Holy Mantle effect. It lasts for the current room. It lasts until taking damage.|
|Wild Card||5.300.80||Defeat Mega Satan as Tainted Eden||Again||When used, copies the effect of the most recently used pill, card, rune, soul stone or activated item.|
Left Pointing Runes
|Rune of Hagalaz||5.300.32||Complete Pitch Black (challenge #1)||Destruction||Destroys all breakable objects in the room. Does not affect Key Blocks. Does affect Key Blocks|
|Rune of Jera||5.300.33||Complete High Brow (challenge #2)||Abundance||Clones all pickups and chests in a room (including Shop pickups; the clones can then be picked up for free). Cloned chests will contain exactly the same type of items: if the original contains a pickup, so will the clone; the same is true for collectibles. Cannot clone other Jera runes and trinkets.|
|Rune of Ehwaz||5.300.34||Complete Head Trauma (challenge #3)||Passage||Creates a trapdoor leading to the next floor. Has an estimated 1/12 (8%) chance to spawn a door to a Crawl Space instead.|
|Rune of Dagaz||5.300.35||Complete Darkness Falls (challenge #4)||Purity||Removes any curses from the current floor and grants a Soul Heart. (This will not remove Curse of the Labyrinth.)|
Right Pointing Runes
|Rune of Ansuz||5.300.36||Complete The Tank (challenge #5)||Vision||Reveals the whole map, including the Secret Room and the Super Secret Room.|
|Rune of Perthro||5.300.37||Complete Solar System (challenge #6)||Change||Rerolls all pedestal items in the room. (This is the same effect as The D6.)|
|Rune of Berkano||5.300.38||Complete Purist (challenge #20)||Companionship||Summons 3 friendly Blue Flies and 3 friendly Blue Spiders.|
|Rune of Algiz||5.300.39||Complete Cat Got Your Tongue (challenge #8)||Resistance||Grants a shield which lasts for 30 seconds. Grants a shield which lasts for 20 seconds.|
|Blank Rune||5.300.40|| Complete Onan's Streak (challenge #29)
Complete The Guardian (challenge #30)
|???||Grants a random rune effect excluding the Black Rune. Has a 25% chance to spawn another Blank Rune upon use.|
|Black Rune||5.300.41||Defeat Ultra Greedier as Apollyon||Void||Deals 40 damage to all enemies in the room. Consumes all pickups in the room and turns them into Blue Flies and Spiders. Consumes all pedestal items in the room and turns them into random stat upgrades. No effect on shop items.|
|Rune Shard||5.300.55||Always available||It still glows faintly||Activates a random, weak rune effect: Algiz grants a 3 second shield, Ansuz reveals the map up to 3 rooms away, Berkano gives 1 blue fly and spider, Dagaz gives half a soul heart, Ehwaz makes a trapdoor, Hagalaz destroys some rocks, Jera duplicates one pickup and Perthro rerolls one item.|
|Soul of Isaac||5.300.81||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Isaac||Reroll... or not||Rerolls the items in the room like The D6, but they cycle back to their original form after one second, repeating. If more uses are stacked, all the rerolls are cycled through.|
|Soul of Magdalene||5.300.82||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Magdalene||Give me your love!||Surrounds Isaac with a bubbling red aura for the current room. All enemies killed drop red half hearts that disappear in 2 seconds.|
|Soul of Cain||5.300.83||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Cain||Opens the unopenable||Creates a red room like the Red Key, for every possible red exit in the current room.|
|Soul of Judas||5.300.84||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Judas||Right behind you||Invokes Dark Arts, turning Isaac into a phantom that can pass through enemies to paralyze them. After a few seconds, it will attack every paralyzed enemy, gaining damage bonuses for each target.|
|Soul of ???||5.300.85||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted ???||Chemical warfare||Causes 8 poison farts that leave lingering brown creep, then plants a trail of 7 Butt Bombs in quick succession. Standing on the creep gives +1.35 tears and +1 damage.|
|Soul of Eve||5.300.86||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Eve||Your very own murder||14 Dead Bird familiars fly in and attack enemies. They leave after all victims are dead or Isaac leaves the room.|
|Soul of Samson||5.300.87||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Samson||Slay a thousand||Isaac turns into a berserk Tainted Samson for 10 seconds, gaining +0.4 speed, some tears and +3 flat damage along with his melee attack.|
|Soul of Azazel||5.300.88||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Azazel||Demon rage!||Activates Mega Blast for 7.5 seconds.|
|Soul of Lazarus||5.300.89||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Lazarus||Life after death||Isaac dies, and is immediately revived at half a heart remaining in the same room, with some invincibility time. The soul stone is automatically used upon taking fatal damage, as well, functioning as a minimal extra life.|
|Soul of Eden||5.300.90||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Eden||Embrace chaos||Uses The D6 and D20. The rerolled items use random pools, like Chaos was active.|
|Soul of the Lost||5.300.91||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Lost||Leave your body behind||Isaac "dies" and turns into The Lost for the current room, with all The Lost's benefits and weaknesses. He returns to normal upon leaving the room.|
|Soul of Lilith||5.300.92||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Lilith||Motherhood||Adds one random familiar item permanently.|
|Soul of the Keeper||5.300.93||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Keeper||$$$||Spawns ~2-25 random coins.|
|Soul of Apollyon||5.300.94||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Apollyon||Bringer of calamity||Spawns 15 random locusts.|
|Soul of the Forgotten||5.300.95||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Forgotten||Skeletal protector||Spawns The Forgotten as a temporary secondary character, controlled at the same time as Isaac. He dies if his two bone hearts run out, with no further consequence, and disappears when Isaac leaves the room.|
|Soul of Bethany||5.300.96||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Bethany||Friends from beyond||Spawns 6 Book of Virtues wisps with random properties.|
|Soul of Jacob and Esau||5.300.97||Defeat Hush and Boss Rush as Tainted Jacob||Bound by blood||Spawns Esau as a temporary secondary character, controlled at the same time as Isaac. He dies if his health runs out, with no further consequence, and disappears when Isaac leaves the room.|
These are items other than cards and runes (and pills) that take up the consumable slot. When on the ground, each of these items are uniquely identifiable by their respective icon. These consumables cannot be replicated by either Blank Card or Clear Rune, and Tarot Cloth has no effect on them.
|Dice Shard||5.300.49||Always available||D6 + D20||Upon use, activates the effects of The D6 and the D20 at the same time.|
|Emergency Contact||5.300.50||Always available||Help from above||When used, will cause two Mom's Hands to come down and grab two random enemies.|
|Cracked Key||5.300.78||Open the large version of Mom's Box in Home||???||Creates a room adjacent to a viable wall, like Red Key.|
- The game counts runes as cards for the purposes of Starter Deck, Blank Card, and Tarot Cloth.
- Using the Blank Card with the ? Card teleports the player to the I AM ERROR room of the current floor. This consumes both the Blank Card and the ? Card.
- The Empress card's effect can be stacked with multiple uses of the same card (including uses by Blank Card), and also stacks with the Whore of Babylon.
- The damage bonus is the number of uses squared, e.g. +1.5 * 4 * 4 damage for using the card via a Blank Card, with Tarot Cloth and Car Battery equipped.
- The Devil card's effect does not stack with multiple uses, nor does it stack with The Book of Belial. It also does not increase the chance of a Devil or Angel Room appearing when used like with the Book of Belial.
- Blood of the Martyr grants its additional 1.5x damage multiplier with The Devil card.
- Using the Joker card in The Womb II or Utero II will instantly teleport the player to the Devil Room or Angel Room with a trapdoor leading to Sheol or to the Cathedral. This can be used to skip Mom's Heart and will not count as a kill.
- Using The Joker card can allow Isaac to encounter Devil Rooms or Angel Rooms on floors they otherwise cannot appear on.
- If you use the Strength card with only Soul, Black, or Bone Hearts left, and lose the non-Red Hearts while in the same room, you retain the full Red Heart container that Strength grants after you leave.
- The foot summoned by The High Priestess can destroy rocks and open doors, including the entrance to Secret Rooms.
- The damage dealt by The High Priestess counts as explosion damage, meaning it will not damage Isaac when possessing Host Hat or Pyromaniac.
- Using the Strength card as ??? will give you a permanent Soul Heart instead of a temporary one. When Keeper has only one Coin Heart, he can use the Strength card to gain a second one which is also permanent.
- While Curse of the Maze is active, The Fool, Moon, Hermit, and Stars cards may fail and leave the player in a different room than intended. The Joker card still works normally.
- Using the Temperance card can, in rare cases, spawn the Blood Donation Machine directly on the player, forcing them to use it once. Caution should be taken when using Temperance as The Lost (or when on half a heart of health), as this will instantly kill the player regardless of the Holy Mantle.
- All teleportation cards except The Fool are unavailable in Greed Mode.
- Rune Shards spawn in place of a Rune that hasn't been unlocked yet. Once all Runes are unlocked, Rune Shards no longer appear.
- Leaving Trinkets in a Boss Room or a Treasure Room will transform them into a Cracked Key when on the Ascent back Home.
- There is a unique marked skull that will spawn on Depths II or XL. It is marked by a tiny black cross, and when blown up will always drop The Fool card (Or an identified Telepills if Little Baggy has been picked up).
- Using Soul of The Lost and then beating a boss for a completion mark within the same room will not count as a completion mark for The Lost. Instead, the completion mark and achievement will go to the character who used the soul stone.
- The runes and their names ingame are based on the Elder Futhark alphabet system and its reconstructed Proto-Germanic names. In popular culture, runes often signify that something is in some way magical.
- The Suicide King card is a nickname for the King of Hearts, referred to as such because its artwork depicts a king who seems to be sticking a sword into his own head.
- The Get out of Jail Free card is a reference to a card with the same name that appears in the table game Monopoly.
- The "A Card Against Humanity" card is a reference to the card game Cards Against Humanity.
- Ancient Recall, Era Walk, Huge Growth, and Chaos Card are all based on cards from Magic: The Gathering.
- The Chaos Card is a reference to the card "Chaos Orb", which also instantly destroys enemies that it touches.
- The "Ancient Recall" card is a reference to the card "Ancestral Recall", which also draws three cards.
- The "Era Walk" card is a reference to the card "Time Walk", which allows players to take an extra turn.
- The "Huge Growth" card is a reference to the card "Giant Growth", which buffs creatures summoned in the game. Its message might be a reference to the card "Become Immense", a card with a similar effect to Giant Growth.
- Many cards were given new unique back sprites in Booster Pack #5, some originating from Antibirth.
- The "Soul of Cain"'s ability is likely a reference to Red Key being an unlock for Cain in the original Antibirth mod.
- The "Soul of Judas" description and ability are a reference to the Spy from Team Fortress 2.
- The "Soul of Eve" description and ability refer to how a group of crows is called a murder.
- The "Soul of Samson" description is a reference to Judges: it is said that Samson killed an army of 1,000 Philistines using a donkey's jawbone.
- The Reverse Tarot Cards refer to tarot card readings, where a reversed card has a different meaning to an upright one.
- Typing the command "giveitem k0" into the Debug Console will reveal a secret usable item called "NULL". Executing the command, however, does not give anything.
|Bug!||Hagalaz will open Secret Room doors in L-shaped rooms.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|