Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki

Added in Afterbirth

Car Battery is a passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth.

Effect[]

Synergies[]

  • Added in Afterbirth †15►Broken Shovel Broken Shovel: Prevents the Mom's Foot from appearing for two rooms (empty or not), or for two waves of a Challenge Room or the Boss Rush.
    • Combined with items like 15►9 Volt 9 Volt or 15►The Battery The Battery, this synergy allows Isaac to (considering he entered the Boss Rush room with a full charge) essentially remove the feet for the entire duration of the Boss Rush.
  • Added in Afterbirth †15►Crooked Penny Crooked Penny: Splits the 50% chance to succeed into a 25% chance to quadruple all items and a 25% chance to duplicate all items while consuming the originals; the latter will make Devil deal and Shop items free.
    • Added in RepentanceThe 25% chance to duplicate all items while consuming the originals now generates 2 pennies instead.
  • Added in Repentance15►Sulfur Sulfur: Will count as giving double Brimstone, giving extra damage and a x1.2 damage multiplier for the current room.
  • Added in Afterbirth †15►Void Void: Doubles effects of all absorbed activated items. Absorbing passives will not give extra stat ups.
  • 15►Wooden Nickel Wooden Nickel: 25% chance to spawn nothing, 50% chance to spawn one coin, and 25% chance to spawn two coins.

Interactions[]

  • Added in Repentance15►Berserk! Berserk!: Will only increase rage duration if no enemies are killed in the first half, effectively only affecting bosses that can't spawn enemies.
  • Added in Repentance15►Book of Virtues Book of Virtues: Doubles the spawned wisps on activation.
  • 15►Book of Secrets Book of Secrets: Activates twice, Removed in Repentance but has a chance to uselessly activate the same effect twice.
  • 15►Book of Shadows Book of Shadows/15►The Gamekid The Gamekid/15►My Little Unicorn My Little Unicorn/15►Unicorn Stump Unicorn Stump: Doubles the length of invincibility, but no effect on damage where applicable.
  • Added in Afterbirth †15►Clicker Clicker: If the Car Battery is removed by the first activation, a second activation will not happen. Two activations in a row is mostly detrimental, removing two items and possibly cycling through a character that lowers health.
  • Added in Repentance15►Spindown Dice Spindown Dice: Lowers ID by 2, good for some items, bad for others.
  • Added in Repentance15►Dark Arts Dark Arts: Doubles the duration, giving more time to walk through more enemies, if you end the effect before the end of the first second, the item will reactivate itself; allowing to target the same enemies twice.
  • 15►D4 D4/15►D100 D100: Instantly re-rolls Isaac's items twice, which doubles the speed at which the item pools are exhausted and transformations are achieved.
    • Added in RepentanceAs items are returned back into the item pool when re-rolled, the items pools aren't exhausted at all. Also, you need to actively be holding a transformation's respective items to retain them now, so using the double re-roll to gain multiple transformations is no longer possible.
  • 15►The D6 The D6/15►D8 D8/15►D12 D12/15►D20 D20: Re-rolls twice instantly without any benefits. The D6 depletes item pools at double the speed.
  • 15►D7 D7: Doubles the amount of enemies summoned, but does not give double rewards.
  • 15►Dead Sea Scrolls Dead Sea Scrolls: Activates 2 random effects.
  • Added in Afterbirth †15►D Infinity D Infinity: Activates 2 dice. Removed in RepentanceThe second activation die cannot be predicted.
  • Added in Afterbirth †15►Dull Razor Dull Razor: The invulnerability time is not increased, but damage-triggered items will activate twice if applicable.
  • Added in Repentance15►Eternal D6 Eternal D6: Re-rolls twice like The D6 (see above), but the 30% chance of the item disappearing is increased to 51%.
  • Added in Repentance15►Everything Jar Everything Jar: Instead of doubling its effect, Everything Jar will spawn a poop alongside its normal drop.
  • 15►Head of Krampus Head of Krampus: Doubles the damage the Brimstone beams deal to 44 (for a total of 880 damage per use). No effect on beam duration.
  • 15►The Hourglass The Hourglass: Doubles the length of the effect.
  • Added in Repentance15►Mega Mush Mega Mush: Makes the effect twice as long.
  • 15►Mine Crafter Mine Crafter: Spawns a Movable TNT and instantly detonates it, damaging Isaac.
    • Added in Afterbirth † This has been changed to spawn two Movable TNT barrels instead, which you can detonate at will.
  • Added in Afterbirth †15►Moving Box Moving Box: Activation swaps the contents of the box with the contents of the room.
  • 15►Spider Butt Spider Butt: Doubles in damage and slow time.
  • Added in Repentance15►Stitches Stitches: Swaps places with Isaac twice in quick succession, rendering Stitches useless for collecting pickups & items beyond pits, rocks etc.
    • However, it can still be used to telefrag enemies.
  • 15►The Bean The Bean/15►Mega Bean Mega Bean/15►Kidney Bean Kidney Bean: Deals double damage, but charms/poisons/petrifies for the same amount of time.
  • 15►Tear Detonator Tear Detonator: Multiplies detonated tears, resulting in 6x more tears than normal.
  • Added in Repentance15►The Scooper The Scooper: Will summon 2 peepers in a bifurcated direction
  • 15►Ventricle Razor Ventricle Razor: Places both trapdoors in same location.
    • Added in Afterbirth † Ventricle Razor works normally.

No Effect[]

Notes[]

Having more than one Car Battery has no effect.

Trivia[]

  • Removed in Repentance Prior to Repentance, Car Battery's description was "Double charge!"

In-game Footage[]

Unlockable Achievements[]

Seeds[]

PC A188 W1Q8 (First floor Shop)

Switch Q1ZZ ETS0 (Starting item as Eden)

Bugs[]

Bug Bug! Added in Afterbirth †15►Mr. ME! Mr. ME!: Grabbed items and pickups may become ghostly and impossible to pick up. Leaving the room and returning fixes this.


The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Achievements Achievements Attributes Attributes Bosses Bosses TarotCard.png Cards and Runes Challenges Challenges Chapters Chapters
Characters Characters MainPageBabies.png Co-op Items Items Item pools Item pools Monsters Monsters Objects Objects
Pickups Pickups Pills Pills Rooms Rooms Seeds Seeds Transformations Transformations Trinkets Trinkets