C.H.A.D. moves randomly around the room in cardinal directions and can perform the following attacks:
- C.H.A.D. charges at Isaac whenever he lines up with one of his cardinal directions.
- Like Chub, C.H.A.D. eats any Bombs dropped in his path; stunning him for a moment before dealing considerable damage.
- Spawns 1-2 Suckers.
- As he gets damaged, C.H.A.D. gradually shrinks in size and increases in speed and attack frequency.
C.H.A.D as one of Delirium's forms.
- Little C.H.A.D. - Defeat C.H.A.D..
- C.H.A.D is much less common than his counterpart, spawning only 1/4th as often.
- C.H.A.D can spawn alongside 2 Boils or 2 Red Boom Flies.
- Each segment of C.H.A.D. can be individually damaged, so a single piercing tear could hit C.H.A.D. multiple times.
- Piercing shots no longer damage segmented enemies multiple times per attack.
- C.H.A.D. appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- He is a rare alternative to Chub.
- C.H.A.D. is a cameo from Super Meat Boy, a game by Edmund McMillen.
- In Super Meat Boy, he is the boss of Chapter 2: The Hospital.
- When defeated in Super Meat Boy, C.H.A.D. would shrink to a smaller version of himself. Him Getting smaller during the fight in Rebirth and the item Little C.H.A.D. are allusions to this.
- The name C.H.A.D. is a reference to the 1984 horror film C.H.U.D., confirmed by Edmund.
- Despite C.H.A.D. normally being speculated to stand for "Cute, Huge and Deadly," Edmund McMillen had confirmed that it doesn't stand for that phrase.
- When asked what it does stand for, Edmund jokingly replied that he can't legally say.
- C.H.A.D.'s secret for unlocking him says "In the Depths" even though he is found in The Caves.
PS4 Vita Even though C.H.A.D is unlocked by accomplishing "Something Cute", its PSN Trophy icon features Chub.
|Bug!||Using the Emergency Contact on C.H.A.D. then killing him while he is held will crash the game.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music