World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Using an active item will drop it onto a pedestal on the ground.
- When Isaac takes damage, there is a 2% chance one of Isaac's passive items will drop on the ground.
- Butter! allows the transportation of active item pedestal from room to room. On its own this ability is useless, but can be used to set up plays involving room-wide pedestal effects; after gathering all available active item pedestal in a single room, Isaac can then:
- Use The D6, Dice Shard, Cracked Dice etc., to re-roll every single item pedestal in the room.
- Use Void, Black Rune, or Abyss to consume all pedestal for their respective benefits.
- Use Diplopia (or more riskily Crooked Penny) to double all item pedestals before doing any of the above.
- Isaac can also damage himself to try to fish for the 2% chance of dropping a passive item in the same room as well.
- Blank Card / Clear Rune / Placebo: Because the active item is dropped upon usage, the recharge time for them is reset to 4, allowing to use more expensive cards/runes/pills much more frequently.
- D Infinity: Dropping the item will set its charges to the base of 2, allowing each die to be used with only 2 charges.
- Dice Bag: The single-use die items given by Dice Bag have a chance to be dropped as pedestal items on the ground, allowing you to keep them forever.
- Esau Jr.: Using Esau Jr. while holding Butter! will spawn another copy of Esau Jr. Using 5 copies of the item will break Esau Jr.'s jar and create an unique familiar.
- Tainted Isaac: Active items will swap into a different item everytime they're dropped, along with full charge if they're picked up again, allowing nearly infinite rerolls.
- Void: Items that are normally unusable when holding Butter! can still activate their effects if absorbed by Void.
- Consumable actives: Active items that remove themselves upon use do not drop and are consumed as normal.
- Controllable actives: Active items that require additional input to control after being used (like The Candle or Breath of Life) create no effect and are dropped on the ground. They retain charge when picked up.
- Familiar spawning actives: Active items that spawn Blue Flies, Blue Spiders, or items like Monster Manual will spawn those familiars before dropping.
- This applies to active items that spawn pickups.
- Tainted characters with active items in their consumable slots can drop them from getting hit, however they will only be able to pick it back up into the active item slot.
- The Bible: The flight granted by the Bible persists even though the item is dropped.
- Damocles: Using active item will drop it and spawns an extra item pedestal on the ground; Getting hit may cause Isaac to drop an activated Damocles, one of the only ways to remove the item without the sword falling.
- Glowing Hour Glass: Is removed from Isaac and dropped, but is given back to Isaac discharged upon going back in time into the previous room. The room in which Glowing Hour Glass was used will not contain another Glowing Hour Glass.
- How to Jump: Isaac animates a jump but his movement remains normal and he cannot go over any obstacles.
- Metronome: Effect from the Metronome is immediately canceled beyond the gain of hearts, coins, bombs, or keys. Visual effects may persist until leaving the room.
- Notched Axe: Notched Axe is dropped when the charge bar is empty.
- The Pinking Shears: The flight granted by The Pinking Shears persists, but the body familiar is immediately canceled.
- Razor Blade: Deals damage to Isaac as normal but does not increase damage for the current room.
Butter! will immediately cancel the effects of and discharge these active items when dropped, unless they are consumed with Void.
Butter!'s appearance prior to Booster Pack #4.
- Butter! was made by Florian Himsl (developer and programmer of the original The Binding of Isaac game).
|Bug!||Dropping an active that contributes toward a transformation, such as The Bible or Guppy's Paw, will remove the transformation. Those items will thenceforth no longer contribute toward transformations if Isaac picks them back up.|
|Active Item Modifiers|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
Collection • Item Pools • Version History • Modding • Music