Effect[edit | edit source]
- Spawns a familiar which follows Isaac and picks up any nearby coins. Bumbo changes level based on the amount of coins it's collected.
- Level 1 (0-5 coins): Bumbo just collects coins to level up.
- Level 2 (6-11 coins): Bumbo occasionally drops a pickup, trinket or chest after a room clear.
- Level 3 (12-23 coins): Bumbo now fires tears that deal 3.5 damage in the same direction Isaac does. Bumbo's tears have a chance to drop a coin if they hit an enemy.
- Level 4 (24+ coins): Bumbo no longer fires tears and instead chases enemies slowly and deals contact damage (2.5 per tick, or 37.5 per second). Bumbo will occasionally drop bombs while chasing enemies or coins.
- After reaching level 4, Bumbo will continue to collect coins, and can drop a pickup, trinket, or chest for each coin it collects, similar to Bum Friend. However, unlike Bum Friend, Bumbo can also drop pedestal items.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Level 1-3 Bumbo can fly over pits and obstacles, despite having limbs at level 2 and 3 that serve him as legs.
- If Bumbo consumes an absurd amount of coins while level four, Bumbo can become level one again [Unsure if bug]
- If Level 4 Bumbo targets Mega Satan's head, Bumbo will attempt to "chase" him the entire fight by standing in the middle of the room.
- Level 4 Bumbo's bombs are unaffected by Isaac's bomb synergies.
- Bumbo cannot pick up Sticky Nickels and will hover over them. Level 4 Bumbo can eventually bomb the Sticky Nickel to unstick to the floor.
- Bumbo will pick up Lucky Pennies, without additional benefit to evolution or drops.
- If Bumbo drops a pedestal item, it will be pulled from a random item pool.
- Bumbo will not evolve if he takes coins from exploding the Donation Machine.
- In a RERUN, Bumbo's level is reset.
- Going after Knife Piece 2 resets Bumbo's level[Unsure if bug].
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- BFFS!: Doubles both the contact and shot damage, when applicable.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Box of Friends: Will spawn a level 1 Bumbo regardless of the original Bumbo's current level.
- Bum Friend: The bum friend will follow Bumbo instead of Isaac.
- Keeper: Not recommended, as the coins Bumbo collects could have been used to heal Keeper.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bumbo is the main character of his own game, The Legend of Bum-Bo, designed by Edmund McMillen.
- The name is a play on the word bum and Rambo.
- Bumbo Level 1 looks similar to Bum Friend's head.
- According to Edmund, any version of bum that fights is a bumbo.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC SNDY RGFP (Treasure Room to the left of the spawn room)
PC Z633 0SJE (First floor, Treasure Room adjacent spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|