- Spawns a familiar which follows Isaac and picks up any nearby coins. Bumbo changes level based on the amount of coins it's collected.
- Level 1 (0-5 coins): Bumbo just collects coins to level up.
- Level 2 (6-11 coins): Bumbo occasionally drops a pickup, trinket, chest or pedestal item after a room clear.
- Level 3 (12-23 coins): Bumbo now fires tears that deal 3.5 damage in the same direction Isaac does. Bumbo's tears have a chance to drop a coin if they hit an enemy.
- Level 4 (24+ coins): Bumbo no longer fires tears and instead chases enemies slowly and deals contact damage (2.5 per tick, or 37.5 per second). Bumbo will occasionally drop bombs while chasing enemies or coins.
- After reaching level 4, Bumbo will continue to collect coins, and can drop a pickup, trinket, or chest for each coin it collects, similar to Bum Friend. However, unlike Bum Friend, Bumbo can also drop pedestal items.
- Level 1-3 Bumbo can fly over pits and obstacles, despite having limbs at level 2 and 3 that serve him as legs.
- If Bumbo consumes an absurd amount of coins while level four, Bumbo can become level one again [Unsure if bug]
- If Level 4 Bumbo targets Mega Satan's head, Bumbo will attempt to "chase" him the entire fight by standing in the middle of the room.
- Level 4 Bumbo's bombs are unaffected by Isaac's bomb synergies.
- Bumbo cannot pick up Sticky Nickels and will hover over them. Level 4 Bumbo can eventually bomb the Sticky Nickel to free it.
- Bumbo will pick up Lucky Pennies, without additional benefit to evolution or drops.
- If Bumbo drops a pedestal item, it will be pulled from a random item pool.
- Bumbo will not evolve if he takes coins from exploding the Donation Machine.
- In a RERUN, Bumbo's level is reset.
- There is a similar boss named Bumbino.
- BFFS!: Doubles both the contact and shot damage, when applicable.
- Box of Friends: Will spawn a level 1 Bumbo regardless of the original Bumbo's current level.
- Bum Friend: The bum friend will follow Bumbo instead of Isaac.
- Keeper: Not recommended, as the coins Bumbo collects could have been used to heal Keeper.
- Tainted Keeper: Due to the large influx of coins spawned, it's technically possible to sustain Bumbo while also maintaining a good level of wealth and health.
- Bumbo is the main character of his own game, The Legend of Bum-Bo, designed by Edmund McMillen.
- The name is a play on the word bum and Rambo.
- Bumbo Level 1 looks similar to Bum Friend's head.
|Bug!||Bumbo's level can be reset after the sequence of obtaining Knife Piece 2 in Ashpit/ Mines II. This is likely a side effect of how the game handles the process of adding and removing items during the event. The same is true of Tainted Lazarus when he switches forms.|
PC SNDY RGFP (Treasure Room to the left of the spawn room)
PC Z633 0SJE (First floor, Treasure Room adjacent spawn)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|