|For the unbroken version of this item with a similar name, see Stop Watch.|
Broken Watch is a passive item.
- Every 4th newly discovered room, the Broken Watch slows all enemies and their attacks down, but has a rare chance of speeding them up by 40% instead.
- The effect is lost upon leaving the room, and not gained again if re-entering it.
- When the slow effect is activated, the background music is also slowed down to 70% of the original speed of the music.
- When the speed effect is activated, the background music is sped up by x1.428571428 (Or 1 3/7).
- The Stop Watch is similar to this item, but functions in a different way.
- Because of the slow effect, champion versions of enemies will be tinted the same color as all other enemies. This makes it much harder to distinguish certain champion types, such as those that explode upon death.
- If the slow effect triggers when entering The Beast boss area, it will be active for all four horsemen and the Beast. This is also true of the speed effect.
- Glowing Hour Glass: The Glowing Hour Glass does not reset the entered room counter: using it in a room where the Broken Watch is active and immediately returning without visiting other new rooms will not trigger the effect again.
- Stop Watch: Overrides Broken Watch; the speed-up effect will not occur.
- Both the slow effect and the rarer speed up can trigger at the start of a room. However, getting hit on a sped-up room will trigger Stop Watch's slow down.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|