- Enemies, enemy shots, tears, and pickups will briefly freeze in place at random intervals.
- The frequency of the effect depends on Isaac's luck.
- Frozen enemy shots will disappear.
- Has a 25% chance to double the room drop, similar to Contract From Below.
- Poke Go: The charmed enemies spawned by this item will also be affected by the modem.
Broken Modem's appearance prior to Booster Pack #4.
- Broken Modem has been added in Booster Pack #1, after the initial release of the DLC.
- Broken Modem is based on this Steam Workshop item by freeze.
- Broken Modem is a reference to an internet Modem/box. because the internet box is broken, It means that there is a large amount of lag, as the client (player) computer is having trouble getting the data from the host server over the stuttering internet. This shows itself in the item trough the following effects:
- The client computer has trouble getting the inputs of other players over the broken internet, meaning the other clients freeze in place and look like they aren't moving, as the computer isn't getting the inputs fast enough to show them. (slows enemies, items, and tears)
- The client computer gets the host's or other clients' inputs twice, as the client computer can't send the acceptance trigger to the host server fast enough. (double items)
|Bug!||If this item is rerolled ( D4, etc.) while the freezing effect is taking place in a room with enemies, those enemies will remain frozen permanently as long as Isaac remains in that room, making it a matter of time before the room is cleared. This includes bosses.|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|