Breath of Life is an activated item.
- Holding the active item button will gradually deplete the charge bar. As the charge gets closer to zero, Isaac turns bluer over time.
- Once the invincibility takes effect, Isaac starts flashing rapidly.
- Gives a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If the spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage.
- The item will recharge on its own but cannot be used again until it is fully charged (even if you didn't fully deplete the charge bar).
- While difficult to use in combat, it is very helpful for using Blood Donation Machines, Confessional and Devil Beggars without losing any life. In order to do this, you have to activate it slightly longer when you're invincible, lest you take damage.
- Can not be used to prevent damage from the door to the Mausoleum.
- Similarly, it can be used to cross over spikes and enter Curse Rooms without taking damage.
- Isaac's Heart: When held down too long, Breath of Life no longer damages Isaac, resulting in infinite invincibility.
- Void: Using Void with Breath of Life will immediately grant invincibility frames.
- The Breath of Life refers to God breathing life into the soil to create the first human.
- Breath of Life initially had a different animation, almost exactly alike to Chocolate Milk's effect. However, this animation has one frame of Isaac holding his breath that isn't found in Chocolate Milk's sprites. It even has its own .anim2 file, paralleling Chocolate Milk's. The finished effect for Breath of Life is a gradual change of Isaac's skin tone, from perky pink to hold-my-breath blue.
|Bug!||This item does not work with Broken Remote.|
|Bug!||If you have The Battery and a full yellow charge bar, the yellow charges will not decrease when the item is used, despite the green charges decreasing beneath. This makes it more difficult to gauge when to release the button.|
PC 9YXJ B6M0 (Found in Angel Room in The Catacombs 1)
PC S8PG 8NLE (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Caves I)
PC SMJ3 0TLY (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs I)
PC 1ATQ LTG7 (Found in Angel Room after defeating Mom)
PC S4FP ER7Y (Found in Angel Room after defeating Mom)
PC NKF0 PZFZ (Found in Angel Room in Utero I)
PS4 4RVE W694 (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Womb I)
Vita R7ZV 8PTB (Found inside the Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs II)
3DS LTSQ HWAL (Found inside the Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs I)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|