Breath of Life
Breath of Life is an activated item.
Effects[edit | edit source]
- Holding the spacebar will gradually deplete the charge bar. As the charge gets closer to zero, Isaac turns bluer over time.
- Once the invincibility takes effect, Isaac starts flashing rapidly.
- Gives a brief moment of invincibility when the charge bar hits zero. If the spacebar is held for an additional second after hitting zero, Isaac will take damage.
- While not time based, invincibility from Breath of Life is otherwise identical to damage immunity granted by the shield effect.
- The item will recharge on its own but cannot be used again until it is fully charged (even if you didn't fully deplete the charge bar).
Uses[edit | edit source]
- While difficult to use in combat, it is very helpful for using Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars without losing any life.
- Similarly, it can be used to cross over spikes and enter Curse Rooms without taking damage.
Synergies[edit | edit source]
- Isaac's Heart: When held down too long, Breath of Life no longer damages Isaac, resulting in infinite invincibility.
- Void: Using Void with Breath of Life will immediately grant invincibility frames.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- Car Battery: No Effect.
In-game Footage[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Breath of Life refers to God breathing life into the soil to create the first human.
- This is the only activated item whose charge bar is depleted gradually rather than instantly.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||This item does not work with Broken Remote.|
|Bug!||If you have The Battery and a full yellow charge bar, the yellow charges will not decrease when the item is used, despite the green charges decreasing beneath. This makes it more difficult to gauge when to release the button.|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
PC 9YXJ B6M0 (Found in Angel Room in The Catacombs 1)
PC S8PG 8NLE (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Caves I)
PC SMJ3 0TLY (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs I)
PC 1ATQ LTG7 (Found in Angel Room after defeating Mom)
PC S4FP ER7Y (Found in Angel Room after defeating Mom)
PC NKF0 PZFZ (Found in Angel Room in Utero I)
PS4 4RVE W694 (Found in Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Womb I)
Vita R7ZV 8PTB (Found inside the Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs II)
3DS LTSQ HWAL (Found inside the Angel Room after defeating the boss in The Catacombs I)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|