Book of Shadows is an activated item.
- Creates a protective shield, nullifying all types of damage for 10 seconds.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
- The Book of Shadows effect negates health loss from Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars.
- The effect ends if the player leaves the room.
- Orbitals such as Cube of Meat are highly effective with Book of Shadows, as Isaac can run into enemies with an active shield to deal massive amounts of damage.
- Razor Blade: Can be used at no cost while the Book of Shadows shield is present, allowing damage to be significantly increased for the room.
- 4.5 Volt: With sufficient damage (18+ DPS) the Book of Shadows shield can be kept active indefinitely. If combined with 9 Volt, Isaac only needs 12 DPS to achieve invulnerability.
- Blood Oath: If the book is used just before the knife stabs Isaac, he will not lose any health, nor gain any stat upgrades associated with the item. The extra health saved may be useful on floors with Arcades or for other uses as stated above. An incredibly useful item to find in the Bloody Mary challenge.
- The Book of Shadows is a reference to the infamous Book of Shadows, a book of religious texts and instructions for magical rituals found within the Neopagan religion of Wicca.
PC 4AP4 J07H (First floor Treasure Room, north of spawn; Curse of the Unknown)
PS4 VZFS Z60W (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita CBWE 162X (Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS TRKL JDCG (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch 7ENY AQRB (First Floor Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|