Book of Shadows is an activated item.
- Creates a protective shield, nullifying all types of damage in the current room for 10 seconds.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
- The Book of Shadows effect negates health loss from Blood Donation Machines and Devil Beggars.
- Does not prevent damage from IV Bag.
- 4.5 Volt: With sufficient damage (18+ damage per second), the Book of Shadows can be kept active indefinitely. If combined with 9 Volt, Isaac only needs 12 DPS to achieve invulnerability.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns shielded wisps in the middle ring. The wisps have 1 health, but will not be damaged by blocking projectiles, and can only be destroyed on contact with enemies. When Book of Shadows is active, wisps are immune to all damage, allowing for easy melee kills.
- Cube of Meat and most other orbitals: Highly effective with Book of Shadows, as Isaac can run into enemies with an active shield to deal massive amounts of damage.
- Razor Blade: Can be used at no cost while the Book of Shadows shield is present, allowing damage to be significantly increased for the room.
- Blood Oath: If the book is used just before the knife stabs Isaac, he will not lose any health, nor gain any stat upgrades associated with the item. An incredibly useful item to find in the Bloody Mary challenge.
- The Book of Shadows is an infamous book of religious texts and instructions for magical rituals found within the Neopagan religion of Wicca.
PS4 VZFS Z60W (First floor Treasure Room)
Vita CBWE 162X ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
3DS TRKL JDCG (First floor Treasure Room)
Switch 7ENY AQRB (First Floor Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|