Book of Revelations is an unlockable activated item.
- Gives one Soul Heart.
- Increases chance for a Devil Room or Angel Room door to open by 17.5% (35%) if held while killing the final Boss of the floor.
- If the Book of Revelations is used at least once in a floor, a Harbinger will replace the current floor's boss (all other Boss generation rules are still respected):
- Famine in Chapter 1
- Pestilence in Chapter 2
- War in Chapter 3, floor 1
- Death or Conquest (if unlocked) in Chapter 4, floor 1
- The Headless Horseman on any floor in Chapters 1-4
- The chance is increased, but not guaranteed.
- This item belongs to the Bookworm set. Collecting three items from this set will transform Isaac into Bookworm.
- Set bosses (Mom, Mom's Heart, It Lives, Isaac, ???, Satan, and The Lamb) cannot be replaced by the Book of Revelations.
- Only the first boss of an XL floor is affected.
- Book of Revelations won't replace the boss on double-sized Boss Rooms, like Double Trouble rooms or if the boss is Mr. Fred.
- Furthermore, if the Book of Revelations is used on the first floor of a Chapter with a Double Trouble room no Harbinger will spawn on the second floor, even if Book of Revelations is used again. If finding a Harbinger is desired, Isaac should wait until seeing the shape of the Boss Room before using it.
- Keeping Book of Revelations until Chapter 4 is one of the methods to unlock achievements related to Super Meat Boy and Super Bandage Girl, explained in detail here.
- This item can replace the Boss even after Isaac initiates a battle with a normal boss and then teleports out before the fight is completed.
- Bosses in Downpour / Mines / Mausoleum and their variants cannot be replaced with Harbingers.
- This item can ( will) replace The Bloat with a Harbinger in the Aprils Fool challenge.
- This item will replace Mother with Death or Conquest during Red Redemption challenge.
- Book of Virtues: Spawns wisps in the inner ring, looking like tiny crosses that do not fire tears. The wisps create Harbinger Locusts (the same ones that 7 Seals create) for the current room when destroyed.
- The Book of Revelation (note the lack of an "s") is the final book of The Bible. It depicts the apocalypse through a vision shown to John of Patmos and includes the Four Horsemen and themes of Hell, Satan, and The Lamb. This explains why using it causes the next boss to be a Harbinger, as well as why it increases the chances of a Devil Room / Angel Room to appear.
PC 3C6Z 880R ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 9867 22FF ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 42ZY EYNS ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC 6A7C BBKN ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PC PS4 BQ7G DLKQ ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
PS4 G98Z MNSS ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Vita RKV8 O883
3DS GKM3 XJJ0 ( Treasure Room adjacent to spawn)
Switch V10Q 3WX1 (Starting item as Eden)
Switch DM91 QYEQ (First Treasure Room)
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|