Bonies are skeleton enemies which wander around the room and quickly throw bone projectiles at Isaac when he lines up with them.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Black Bony[edit | edit source]
Black Bonies are harder versions of Bonies that behave identically to regular Bonies, but fire three bones in a row and explode upon death. The first bone will be fired when Isaac lines up, but the second and third one may be fired at an angle towards him.
Revenant[edit | edit source]
Revenants are variants of Bonies that appear in the Mausoleum and Gehenna. Revenants wander around the room randomly, occasionally stopping to shoot a purple flamethrower at Isaac. These purple flames have limited range, and are blocked by obstacles.
Quad Revenant[edit | edit source]
Quad Revenants act similarly to normal Revenants, but they shoot a 4-way flamethrower that rotates slowly.
Maze Roamer[edit | edit source]
Maze Roamers are Gehenna-exclusive variants of Bonies that shoot eyeballs at Isaac when lined up. They always spawn in pairs, with their movements and attacks being mirrored between each other. When one dies, the other becomes angry and begins directly pursuing Isaac.
Holy Bony[edit | edit source]
Holy Bonies are larger and tougher versions of Bonies that were introduced in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance. Its bone projectiles travel in an arc and create a blue flame at its landing spot.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite Bonies being made entirely of bones, they leave bloodstains behind upon death.
- They only leave behind bones when killed.
- Bonies are one of a few enemies in-game to have their own unique projectile type.
- Bonies were confirmed to be the first enemy not designed by Edmund McMillen. He also confirmed that it was designed by Matt, the lead artist for The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth, and that Edmund loved the simplicity of the AI, fitting "perfectly into the isaac world."
- Bonies are spawned by The Forsaken, and Black Bonies are spawned by its Black Champion version.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|