|Base HP||Stage HP|
Blastocyst is a boss that can appear:
- In all environments of Chapter 4 ( The Womb, Utero, Scarred Womb).
- Only in The Womb and Scarred Womb.
The large Blastocyst has 190 HP, the medium forms have 75 HP, and the small forms have 30 HP.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Makes medium hops towards Isaac and can perform the following attacks:
- Hops in place and upon landing:
- Shoots 8 projectiles in all directions.
- Sends out a burst of large disorganized projectiles in all directions.
- Leaps off-screen and lands on Isaac's position; upon landing:
- Shoots 12 small projectiles in all directions.
- Shoots 8 larger projectiles in all directions.
- Once enough health is depleted, it will split into two medium versions of itself.
- Each medium form can shoot 6 projectiles in all directions.
- Once enough health is depleted, each medium Blastocyst splits into two small versions.
- Each small form can shoot 4 projectiles in the cardinal directions.
- Each of these small Blastocysts leaves an Embryo behind upon defeat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Blastocyst as one of Delirium's forms.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blastocyst can be encountered in groups consisting of:
- 1 large Blastocyst and 2 small Blastocysts.
- 1 large Blastocyst and 6 Embryos.
- 2 medium Blastocysts and 2 small Blastocysts.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Blastocyst appeared in the original The Binding of Isaac.
- An embryo is called a blastocyst when the differentiation of cells within a morula finally begins, usually 4–5 days after the fertilization of an embryo.
- It is very common for the medium form of the boss to spawn as normal enemies in rooms. On even later floors like Sheol, the full boss can even spawn as a common enemy.
- As Blastocyst divides, its positive facial expressions will become less happy, losing its smile entirely when it becomes an embryo.
- If Blastocyst is killed on spikes, none of the smaller versions will spawn. This can also apply if a very large amount of damage is dealt very quickly to any of the phases.
- This can also happen if Blastocyst is killed while still having a debuff that actively harms it (e.g. poison, fire).
- Upon killing Blastocyst, it seems as though, for a split second, an audio clip of someone's voice can be heard. Which can be easier to make out with music turned off.
- During the DLC's release, an unfair room consisting of 8 Blastocysts with a Portal in the middle existed in all environments of Chapter 4 as a result of unintentionally placed full-sized ones rather than small ones. It was acknowledged by Edmund McMillen on Twitter and was fixed shortly after.
- Blastocyst's intro animation from the original game has been restored and it has new animations for when it divides.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|