Blanket is an unlockable passive item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth †.
- If the shield is not broken before leaving the room or entering the next floor, it will disappear by itself.
- Reentering a boss room after the boss has been defeated will still grant a shield.
- To quickly unlock this item, keep restarting Greed mode to enter its Curse Room which occasionally contains a bed.
- In Greed mode, this item grants a shield only for the two boss fights on the final level. The shield does not activate for the regular boss waves on previous floors.
- Does not grant a shield during The Beast fight.
- Holy Mantle: The effect stacks, granting two shields in Boss Rooms.
- Stop Watch: Blocking damage with the shield will activate Stop Watch's effect.
- Holy Card: The effect stacks, granting two shields in Boss Rooms. However, the Holy Card effect works first and you will lose it even if you took only one hit.
- Blanket has been added in Booster Pack #5, after the initial release of the DLC.
- Blanket is based on this Steam Workshop item by P.5000 and Ratlah, originally known as Security Blanket.
- This item is part of a set of bedtime-themed items, including Binky, Mr. Dolly, Night Light, and PJs.
- This item may be a reference to Linus van Pelt's famous blue security blanket, as seen in Peanuts.