Black Hole is an unlockable activated item added in The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth † (Booster Pack #1).
- Upon use, Isaac throws a black hole which sucks in and damages enemies.
- The black hole deals 0.4 damage per tick very rapidly, for a maximum of 6 dps. This damage doesn't scale with Isaac's damage.
- The black hole lasts for about 6 seconds.
- The black hole also slightly sucks in Isaac and pickups.
- The black hole also destroys nearby obstacles, such as rocks and pots, with the exception of Fool's Gold Rocks.
- It can also suck in projectiles shot by enemies.
- Black Hole can pull pickups across pits, so be careful as it may pull pickups to areas where they are unobtainable.
- Black Hole cannot free Sticky Nickels.
- Black Hole cannot destroy Shopkeepers.
- Black Hole cannot destroy Angels Statues
- Black Hole's pull is stronger than the pull of Strange Attractor.
- Black Hole can't open Secret Room and Super Secret Rooms regardless of placement, despite crushing obstacles.
- Black Hole does not suck in stationary or invincible enemies.
- Black Hole will not suck in the following bosses, although they can still take damage from the black hole and their shots are affected by it:
- Car Battery: No effect.
- Gnawed Leaf: The black hole does not pull Isaac in while he is a statue.
- Schoolbag: The black hole will continue to pull in enemies, pickups, etc. while allowing the player to use other active items.
Switch LKVD XRHV (First Golden Treasure Room)
|| Falling into a Pitfall while the Black Hole is active will result in Isaac becoming headless, immobile and invulnerable, softlocking the run until it is quit and resumed.