|This article is a stub.|
You can help the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth Wiki by.
Ashpit is an alternative floor to the Mines and is unlocked by defeating all of the bosses inside the Mines. The floor can be accessed by using bombs on the Exit Door of Caves I / II, Flooded Caves I / II or Catacombs I / II. Ashpit's theme is centred around mainly skeletons, flames, dust and ghosts, and contains a blowing dust overlay.
The Ashpit is significantly more difficult than their standard counterparts, filled with stone and fire-themed enemies that boast greater health and aggression. Most blocks are rocks or spiked rocks, and poops are almost non-existent. Tinted rocks have a high chance of spawning tinted rock spiders. Travelling through it is only advised if you have already acquired Knife Piece 1 in the Downpour and intend to access the Corpse.
Unique Elements[edit | edit source]
- Minecarts - Several rooms in the Ashpit will contain rail tracks with minecarts racing around on them, usually containing enemies or hazards. These enemies can be defeated as normal.
- Throwable Bombs - Occasionally, you can find Bomb Grimaces with throwable bombs on the floor in front of them. You can pick up the throwable bomb by walking into it, lighting the fuse and giving you a few seconds to throw the bomb before it goes off. Once the bomb explodes, the Bomb Grimace will produce another, providing you with an unlimited source of bombs in these rooms.
- Red Buttons - Red Buttons are sometimes located in the center of rooms with unusually dangerous enemies. Pressing these buttons cause all enemies in the room to die instantly.
- Dark rooms - Some rooms are dark, even without the Curse of Darkness being active.
Acquiring the Knife Piece 2[edit | edit source]
If you have Knife Piece 1, a special double-sized room will spawn in Ashpit II containing a minecart and a broken length of rail track leading to a boarded up door, just like those that lead to a Bedroom. Behind this door lies the area in which Knife Piece 2 can be acquired. There are two methods for accessing this area:
- If you have flight and 2 bombs, you can simply fly over to the boarded up door and blow it open.
- Otherwise, you can repair the track. There are three yellow buttons spread throughout the floor's normal rooms. One will be in the same room as the broken rail track, but the other two are randomly placed. Once all three buttons are pressed, the rail track will be repaired and you can touch the minecart to access the area.
Upon entering this area, all passive and active items will be rendered inactive, and your bombs, coins, and keys will be set to zero. New pickups can still be obtained, however, and will persist after Isaac leaves the area. You will pass through several empty rooms before reaching a room with the Knife Piece 2. Once you pick it up, Mother's Shadow will spawn and your race back to the entrance begins. This enemy cannot be defeated by any means, and escape is your only option.
Unlike your initial trip to reach the Knife Piece 2, the path back will be obstructed by rocks and poops. While flying characters can handle all of this with ease, walking characters will have a significantly harder time. Using your tears and the conveniently-located throwable bombs, you will need to break through the obstructions, press buttons, and grab keys for key blocks to make it back to the main dungeon. Making it out taking little or no damage is possible, particularly if you are fast and accustomed to dodging the shadow's attacks. Once you escape, all your items will be reactivated, and the shadow will end its pursuit.
- It is possible for the floor's crawl space to appear on your escape path. Upon entry, your items will temporarily be reactivated, and you will be able to pick up any items/consumables available. Items will become inactive again after exiting. Mother's Shadow will still appear in the crawl space, and the enclosed area makes the dodging of her attacks very difficult.
||25.3.0||Flies around the room diagonally, dealing touch damage. Upon death, they spawn 4 lines of fire in the cardinal directions.|
|Dragon Fly X
||25.3.1||Flies around the room diagonally, dealing touch damage. Upon death, they fire 4 lines of fire in the diagonal directions.|
||25.4||Flies around the room diagonally, dealing touch damage. Occasionally fires one bone at Isaac. Upon death, shoots 3 bones.|
||27.3||Stationary enemy that is normally invulnerable. Raises its head up when Isaac gets close, revealing a fleshy stem that can be damaged. Upon raising its head, it will release a line of rocks towards Isaac.|
||87.1||Walks toward Isaac, spitting balls of fire that create lines of fire in the cardinal directions on impact.|
||212.0||Invulnerable enemy that moves diagonally around the room, dealing contact damage. Dies when the room is cleared.|
||212.4||Acts similarly to Death's Head, although will release a ring of flame around themselves near Isaac, which can ignite Rock Spiders. Can be killed before room clear.|
||240.1||Slowly crawls along walls to try to line up with Isaac and shoots a stream of shots seemingly affected by Soy Milk.|
||818.0||Erratically moves towards Isaac and deals touch damage, though a bit slower in comparison to Spiders.|
||819.0||Flies towards Isaac, circling around him as they do so. Upon death, turns into a tiny Bomb.|
||820.0||Chases Isaac and spits a bunch of rock shots at him when in its line of sight.|
||820.1||Walks toward Isaac and fires chaotic bursts of coal at him, some of which may be Coal Spiders.|
||821.0||Slowly wanders around and occasionally shoots tiny bombs at Isaac.|
||823.0||Attempts to jump on Isaac, shooting out 8 rock shots when it hits the ground.|
||826.0||Charges at Isaac, crashes into obstacles and fires 8 rock shots outwards.|
||829.0||Burrows towards Isaac and jumps out the ground to fire 3 blood shots at him.|
||830.0||Walks slowly toward Isaac, and will occasionally fire a bone that bounces around the room for a few moments. The bone can be broken if shot enough.|
||880.0||Vaguely flies towards Isaac in curved swooping motions.|
||881.1||Pops out of the ground and lunges toward Isaac, dealing contact damage and firing four shots in the ordinal directions.|
||882.0||Follows Isaac, and is only visible when close to Isaac. Will begin to speed up when they are visible. Teleports away when damaged.|
|Dusty Death's Head
||887.0||Invulnerable enemy that moves across the room in large quantities. Dies when the room is cleared.|
||889.0||Walks towards Isaac and turn into a pile of bones when killed. Regenerates a few seconds after killed. Will only despawn if all Clickety Clacks in the room are killed.|
|Singe||The Shell||Great Gideon||The Pile|
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|