The Ascent is a special sequence begun by obtaining Dad's Note from the special versions of Mausoleum II/ Gehenna II. These floors can be accessed by opening the special door in the starting room of The Depths or its alternatives. This door appears once the player has defeated Mother at least once. It involves going back up through abbreviated versions of every floor previously seen through beams of light (much like the Backasswards challenge).
Monsters not normally found on the current floor will appear, as well as unique room layouts and new monsters not found anywhere else in the game.
Unique Monsters[edit | edit source]
|This article is incomplete. Please help to improve it, or discuss the issue on the talk page.|
||14.2||Slowly drifts towards Isaac, shoots 4 big blood shots that become 2 smaller ones when in contact with a wall or obstacle.|
||22.3||Walks around the room, avoiding Isaac and spawning Ring Flies. Spawns a plethora of fly enemies upon death.|
|Tainted Boom Fly
||25.6||Flies around the room diagonally, dealing touch damage. Upon death, sends explosions in a cross-shaped marker across the room.|
||29.3||Jumps and twirls around the room, shooting 4 rings of projectiles that increase in size with each shot.|
||61.7||Flies towards Isaac. Upon death, shoots 6 large blood shots in a hexagon pattern that become 6 smaller shots upon contact with a wall or obstacle.|
|Tainted Soy Creep
|Tainted Sub Horf
||242.0||Will only shoot when hit. Takes heavy knockback and rotates when hit. Shoots a lot faster and has bigger projectiles than its normal variant.|
||243.1||Quickly yet aimlessly moves around the room, spurting blood shots out of its back and firing a line of blood shots at Isaac. Sends a ring of blood shots outwards upon death.|
|Tainted Round Worm
||244.2||Pops out of the ground in random locations alongside several tail ends and spits 1 large blood shot at Isaac. Explodes upon death.|
|Tainted Tube Worm
||244.3||Pops out of the ground in random locations, spitting 4 explosive shots towards Isaac.|
||827.1||Tainted Faceless walk towards towards Isaac while releasing 6 blood shots in a hexagonal shape every few seconds. They essentially behave like Faceless with higher health.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even if you've encountered any variant floors during the normal descent, all floors of the Ascent will still be the *original* ones. For example, if your 2nd floor is The Cellar II or Burning Basement II , during the Ascent it will be replaced by The Basement II regardless.
- XL floors will still be XL floors, which will contain two Treasure Rooms.
- Any unopened Treasure Rooms on previous floors will still be locked during the ascent.
- Devil Rooms or Angel Rooms will have different contents than on the way down.
- During the Ascent, both items in a double item Treasure Room are visible.
- If you are attempting to produce a Cracked Key but are carrying Myosotis, make sure to drop it, or avoid gulping it with Smelter before the ascent. This is because dropping trinkets in Treasure Rooms can be ineffective, as the Trinket will randomly pull pickups, including dropped trinkets, to the next floor, removing them from Treasure Rooms and stopping the production of a Cracked Key.
- Red treasure rooms found through the Red Key during descent will still show up during the ascent.
- Satanic Bible has some slightly altered effects during the Ascent.
- If a boss item became a Devil Deal because of using the Satanic Bible on the way down through the floors, and you did not take it, on the Ascent the same item will still be there but will now cost money instead of heart containers.
- If you use Satanic Bible during the Ascent, boss rooms that you have already taken normal pedestal item drops from will contain Devil Deals regardless.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||If the player enters the Crawl Space left behind by a Great Gideon during the ascent, the game will crash.|
|Bug!||During this sequence, quitting and reloading may lead to the character changing (i.e. changing from Tainted Lazarus to Isaac).|
|Chapter 1||Chapter 2||Chapter 3||Chapter 4||Optional||Chapter 5||Chapter 6||Endgame|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb|
|The Cellar||The Catacombs||Necropolis||Utero||???||The Void|
|Burning Basement||Flooded Caves||Dank Depths||Scarred Womb|
|The Basement||The Caves||The Depths||The Womb||Sheol||The Shop||Ultra Greed|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|