- Picking up a Red Heart has a 50% chance to consume the heart and spawn Blue Spiders, causing a fart similar to Butt Penny.
- Isaac can pick up hearts even while at full health. In this case, the chance goes to 100%.
- Has no effect on Rotten Hearts, Blended Hearts and any other type of heart.
- The amount of spiders spawned depends on the type of heart that was picked up:
- Half red hearts will spawn 1-3 spiders.
- Full red hearts will spawn 3-5 spiders.
- Double red hearts will spawn 6-8 spiders.
- The trinket allows characters that cannot use red hearts ( ???, The Lost, Dark Judas, Tainted ???, Tainted Lost, Tainted Judas, and Tainted Soul) to gain value from red hearts.
- If the effect procs when buying a red heart from the Shop, it will not consume any money. However, Isaac must have the amount of coins needed to purchase the heart.
- Items that directly heal the player, such as Yum Heart, cannot produce any spiders. The hearts must be picked up off the ground manually.
- Hypercoagulation / Tainted Magdalene: The temporary hearts dropped upon taking damage can be turned into blue spiders.
- Options?: Converting hearts dropped by Options? will not cause the other consumable to disappear.
- Candy Heart: Does not increase stats if the heart is converted to spiders.
- The Jar: Has a 50% chance to turn a heart into a blue spider or put it in The Jar.
- Fish Tail: No effect.
- Mom's Box / Golden Trinket: No effect.
- Apple of Sodom was a cut trinket from Antibirth. It was going to be an unlock for the unused character, Edith.
- In real life, an Apple of Sodom is a plant that produces extremely bitter fruit. It is named after the city of Sodom, a place mentioned in the Bible.
- This trinket may also be a reference to the "Vine of Sodom", a cryptid that bears explosive, poisonous fruit.
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|