|This article is about the room. For the item pool, see Angel Room (Item Pool).|
Angel Rooms feature an angel and several free items: the divine equivalent of the Devil Room. Every time the Devil Room is spawned/entered, there's a chance for it to be replaced by the Angel Room if certain conditions are met. After beating the Dark Room or Chest once, an Angel can be awoken by planting a bomb near the statue (or destroying it with Leo or similar items). This will begin an angel boss fight and allow Isaac to pick up Key Piece 1 or Key Piece 2. Both pieces are needed to get through the Golden Door in The Chest or the Dark Room to fight Mega Satan.
The following room maps were made using Basement Renovator for cleaner viewing. Note that, unlike Devil rooms, items in Angel rooms cost nothing to take, but if there are multiple items, taking one will cause the others to disappear.
Items generated in these rooms pull from the Angel room item pool.
|1||1.0||Two items to choose from and two blue fireplaces.
|2||1.0||One item, an eternal heart, and four blue fireplaces.
|3||1.0||Four eternal hearts and a soul heart.|
|4||1.0||Three items to choose from.|
|5||1.0||One item and eight blue fireplaces.|
|6||1.0||Two items to choose from and four purple fireplaces.|
|7||1.0||Four items to choose from behind key/iron blocks and a soul heart.
|8||1.0||One item, twelve Urns, and a bomb behind the statue. This bomb has a chance to be a troll bomb, which will awaken the angel and force you to fight it if you don't push it out of the way, leave the room immediately, or have Safety Scissors.|
|9||1.0||Two items to choose from.|
|10||1.0||One item and two blue fireplaces.|
|11||1.0||One item and two eternal chests.|
|12||1.0||Two items to choose from. There are two angel statues instead of only one, allowing both key pieces to be obtained in one angel room.
|13||1.0||Two items to choose from, two soul hearts, and six blue fireplaces.|
|14||0.1||Two items to choose from, a soul heart, and five blue fireplaces.|
|15||0.1||Three items to choose from and four purple fireplaces. This room has two angel statues instead of only one.|
Items generated in these rooms pull from the Greed Mode Angel room item pool.
|0||Two items to choose from and two blue fireplaces.|
|1||Two items to choose from and four blue fireplaces.|
|2||One item and two half soul hearts.|
|3||An eternal heart and two blue fireplaces.|
|4||Two soul hearts, each behind two blue fireplaces, and two eternal chests. It is possible to walk diagonally between the blue fireplaces to get the soul hearts without taking damage.|
|5||Two soul hearts and a gold heart.|
|6||One item, two coins, and two blue fireplaces.|
Conditions to Make Angel Rooms Appear
- A Devil Room door has spawned on any previous floor.
- No Deals with the Devil have been made throughout the run.
- Taking red chest items, using Credit Card, using Coupon, or collecting an item from Krampus doesn't count.
- Even though it technically doesn't cost any health, taking a devil deal with The Lost will still prevent Angel Rooms from appearing.
- Book of Virtues and Act of Contrition allow for Angel Rooms to spawn even if a Devil Deal was taken previously, as well as allowing to take Devil Deals without being locked out of Angel Rooms.
- The "You feel blessed!" fortune from Confessionals allow for Angel Rooms to spawn even if a Devil Deal was taken previously, but only for the current floor.
Sacrifice Room Exception
- On the 3rd and 5th sacrifice in a Sacrifice Room, there is a 66% chance that the player will receive the "You feel blessed!" effect. This will increase the chances of the Angel Room spawning even if the previous conditions have not been met.
- On the 6th sacrifice in a Sacrifice Room, there is a 33% chance that the player will be teleported to the Angel Room if they haven't already visited or opened the Devil Room for that floor. This will occur even if the previous conditions have not been met.
Angel Room Generation Chance
The game makes a series of coin flips to determine if an Angel Room will appear or not. If one of these coin flips succeeds, an Angel Room is generated (except for the Devil beggar coin flip). If all the coin flips fail or no coin flips are done, a Devil Room is generated. Satisfying certain conditions gives additional coin flips with varying probabilities:
|Holding Rosary Bead||50%|
|Donating 10 coins to the Donation Machine on the current floor||50%|
|Holding Key Piece 1||25%|
|Holding Key Piece 2||25%|
|Killing a Devil Beggar on the current floor **
|Donating to a Beggar until it pays out with an item on the current floor **
|Donating to a Devil Beggar until it pays out with an item on the current floor **
| "You feel blessed!" fortune in the Sacrifice Room of the current floor
| "You feel blessed" fortune from Confessionals on the current floor
|Holding Book of Virtues
|First successful generation after not entering the first Devil Room seen on a run||Guaranteed|
** These conditions share the same "coin flip chance" in Rebirth.
If Isaac meets the prerequisites and has Key Piece 1 with him, the game will make two coin flips to determine if he gets an Angel Room or not. The first coin flip has a 50% success chance and the second one has a 25% success chance. Isaac will only get a Devil Room if both coin flips fail, and he will get an Angel Room if one of the coin flips succeeds. The chance of failure is 0.5 * 0.75 = 0.375, which means the chance of success is 1 - 0.375 = 0.625. Thus, Isaac has a 62.5% chance to get an Angel Room -- take note that the result is not simply the sum of the coin flip probabilities 50% + 25% for 75%.
If Isaac meets the prerequisites, has Key Piece 1, and has destroyed a Devil Beggar on the current floor, the chance to fail all coin flips (and get a Devil Room) become 0.5 * 0.75 * 0.75 = 0.28125, which means that the chance of success is 1 - 0.28125 = 0.71875. Thus, Isaac has a 71.875% chance to get an Angel Room.
- The highest Angel Room chance is 95.25% in Rebirth and 98.34% in Afterbirth (with the Sacrifice Room blessings).
- Eucharist guarantees that an Angel Room will spawn on every possible floor.
- It is possible to be teleported to an Angel Room from a Joker card or a Red Chest.
- It is also possible to teleport there from the 6th sacrifice of a Sacrifice Room.
- If an Angel Room spawns after the player defeats Mom's Heart or It Lives, instead of items or pickups, a beam of light will appear. Touching this beam of light will take the player to the Cathedral. The Angel can still be awoken by destroying the statue in this room. The beam of light will disappear for the duration of the fight.
- The Rock behind the Angel can rarely be a Tinted Rock.
- A Troll Bomb can sometimes appear behind the angel statue, blowing it up. If the Angel fights have been unlocked, this will begin the boss fight if the player is not careful or quick enough to move the bomb.
- A regular Bomb appears behind the statue instead. The player can pick it up, and decide whether to blow up the statue or not.
- Two angel statues can appear in the same room, allowing Isaac to fight both Uriel and Gabriel. It is possible to get both Key Pieces if Isaac awakes and fights each of them one by one; however, fighting both at once will only spawn one Key Piece corresponding to the last defeated angel.
- Both angels can be fought at once, and will drop their corresponding Key Pieces as they die.
- Contrary to popular belief, the Bible Tract doesn't allow Angel Rooms to appear after paying for a Devil deal.
|Bug!||The Found HUD will incorrectly display the angel room chance as 100% if either of the "Blessed" messages appear. The percentages listed in this page are however correct.|
Boss Challenge Room
Super Secret Room
I AM ERROR
Ultra Secret Room
Blue Womb Entrance
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|