Locations[edit | edit source]
- A random angel appears when destroying an angel statue in an Angel Room with an explosion or similar effects.
- Dark "fallen" versions of both angels show up during the battle against Mega Satan.
- Fallen Uriel has 450 health instead of 400.
- Fallen Gabriel has 750 health instead of 660.
- Uriel appears after the 9th sacrifice and Gabriel appears after the 11th sacrifice in a Sacrifice Room.
- Both angels have a chance of appearing in Boss Rush, though it does not drop a Key Piece on death.
- Angel Statues can sometimes appear in Super Secret Rooms, and I AM ERROR rooms.
- There's a small chance for an angel statue to replace the Satan statue in the Devil Room.
Uriel[edit | edit source]
Uriel wears a light blue scarf. He drops Key Piece 1 upon defeat.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Uriel moves towards Isaac, and attempts to position himself above Isaac while doing so. He stops moving to perform the following attacks:
- Folds his wings, then fires a spread of 5 projectiles in Isaac's direction.
- Uriel's hands begin to glow before shooting a Revelation beam either straight downward or 2 beams in diagonal directions downwards.
Gabriel[edit | edit source]
Gabriel wears a bright red scarf. He drops Key Piece 2 upon defeat.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Gabriel moves towards Isaac, and attempts to position himself above Isaac while doing so. He stops moving to perform the following attacks:
- Folds his wings, then either shoots a ring of 12 projectiles or Revelation beams in the diagonal directions.
- Folds his wings, then summons an Angelic Baby.
- Gabriel's hands begin to glow before shooting Revelation beams in the cardinal directions.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Unlockable Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Dad's Key - Pick up both Key Pieces from the Angels in one run.
- The Family Man - Pick up both Key Pieces from the Angels in one run.
- Filigree Feather - Acquire both key pieces.
- Angelic Prism - Defeat an Angel 10 times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The angels will always alternate in order of appearance. Thus, if Uriel has just been defeated, the next angel spawn is guaranteed to be Gabriel and vice versa.
- If the player defeats an angel and they already have both Key Pieces, no Key Piece drops. However, if this occurs, it counts as a normal room clear, and the player may be rewarded with a pickup or chest.
- Angels only drop a Key Piece the first time they are defeated, even if Isaac does not pick up the Key Piece, subsequent kills in the same run provide no pedestal item rewards.
- Angels will drop a Key Piece even if they were defeated before. Additionally, if Isaac has one of the Key Pieces, angels will always drop the other piece, even if he already skipped that piece or that particular angel normally wouldn't drop it (for instance, Uriel will drop Key Piece 2 if Isaac already has Key Piece 1 from fighting him earlier).
- Rerolling Key Piece 1 or Key Piece 2 will yield an item from a pool, depending on which room the Key Pieces are in.
- Rerolling the Key Pieces in an Angel Room will yield an item from the Angel Room item pool.
- The hitbox for the angel's beams of light are off and causes Isaac to take damage if he is anywhere near them, even if he does not touch the beam.
- Angels will drop items from the Angel Room item pool instead of the Key Pieces if Isaac is holding Filigree Feather.
- Sometimes, two angel statues can appear in the same room. Destroying both at the same time will spawn both Uriel and Gabriel, but only one Key Piece will drop. If each angel is spawned and defeated separately, both will drop Key Pieces.
- Both angels will drop key pieces if fought at the same time in Repentance.
- Uriel and Gabriel are immune to the Fear effect.
- When spawned inside a Sacrifice Room, the room is not locked, allowing Isaac to simply walk out of the fight.
- Both Angels will do a full heart of contact damage, regardless of the chapter.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Uriel (or Auriel/Oriel) is one of the archangels of post-Exilic Rabbinic tradition, and also of certain Christian traditions. The name means "God is my light" - in Hebrew, ori (or uri) means "my light" and el means "god".
- Gabriel is an archangel who typically serves as a messenger sent from God to certain people in Abrahamic religions. The name means "God is my strength".
- Uriel and Gabriel, along with the angel statues, have no face. This is in reference to Exodus 33:20 in the Bible.
- "But," He said, "you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live."
- Uriel and Gabriel may be based on Seraph and Cherub angels. Seraphim are angels that fly above God’s throne while Cherubim guard the throne.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
|Bug!||Delirium can transform into Fallen Uriel and Fallen Gabriel but they do not have unique Delirium skins.|
|Seven Deadly Sins||Envy • Gluttony • Wrath • Pride • Lust • Greed • Sloth|
|Super Sins||Super Envy • Super Gluttony • Super Wrath • Super Pride • Super Lust • Super Greed • Super Sloth • Ultra Pride|
|Devil/Angel Rooms||Krampus • Uriel • Gabriel|
|Repentance||Mother's Shadow • Dark Esau|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth|
|Achievements||Attributes||Bosses||Cards and Runes||Challenges||Chapters|