Adoption Papers is a trinket added in The Binding of Isaac: Repentance.
- Shops and Black Markets now sell familiars instead of the usual item selection.
- The familiars are chosen from the Baby Shop item pool.
- While holding the Adoption Papers, the familiars are discounted to 10 coins. If the papers are dropped, they cost 15 coins.
- A shop that has already been entered will not have its item selection changed, nor will dropping the papers revert them to normal.
- In Greed Mode, only the shop pool item is replaced with a familiar and discounted.
- This also applies to all shop pool items when playing as Tainted Keeper. Familiars spawned from the Treasure Room pool remain unaffected.
- Steam Sale: Both of the discounts stack, selling familiars for 5 cents.
- Chaos: Chaos takes priority in item selection. However, items will still be discounted.
- Keeper's Box: Does not affect Keeper's Box' items, meaning both familiars and shop items can be purchased in tandem over the course of a run.
- The Stairway: No effect on the Angel shop.